Senior Developer Advocate
About the Job
At BentoML, we aim to provide the state-of-the-art AI infrastructure to help teams around the world compete and succeed with AI. We are the developers of the popular open source project BentoML and maintainers of the BentoML community with thousands of members worldwide. As an engineer of the BentoML team, you would have the opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers, influence the direction of a popular open source project, and have your work visible to a global audience.
- Serve as the primary advocate of the company in the global developer community
- Build meaningful relationships with our users through regular check-ins, community events, and answering questions across Slack, Github, and social media
- Build awareness of BentoML through code samples, blog posts, tutorials videos, outreach, and more.
- Represent the company at conferences and meetups online and in-person with the global developer communities
- Improve the developer experience by providing user feedback to Engineering and influence product decisions
- Collaborate with engineering to structure roadmap and support community contributions
Skills & Experience
- Strong technical background, including 3+ years experience working as a developer advocate, software engineer, solutions engineer, or equivalent role.
- Demonstrated success in growing and improving developer communities against business goals
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and information clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with a diverse community of developers
- Strong presence in technical communities spanning GitHub, Medium, DZone, Stack Overflow, Reddit, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies, big data, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Understanding of best practices within developer communities, platforms, groups, and initiatives
- Experience giving technical presentations, talks, and fireside chats at events and conferences
- Active contributor to open source projects, standardization working groups, or tech communities
- Hands-on experience with machine learning workflows; training and deploying models at scale.
Simplify ML model deployment