Senior Developer Community Manager
About the Job
At BentoML, we aim to provide the state-of-the-art AI infrastructure to help teams around the world compete and succeed with AI. We are the developers of the popular open source project BentoML and maintainers of the BentoML community with thousands of members worldwide. As an engineer of the BentoML team, you would have the opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers, influence the direction of a popular open source project, and have your work visible to a global audience.
The Developer Community Manager will play a critical role in cultivating and nurturing our open source project's community. This role is responsible for driving growth, engagement, and contributions from community members. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, possess strong interpersonal skills, and have a deep understanding of open source development and community dynamics.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow and engage our open source community, including onboarding, community events, and outreach programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with community members, including developers, contributors, partners, and users. Identify and cultivate relationships with top open source contributors and community champions.
- Engage in daily interactions and act as a welcoming presence for the community members. Moderate and manage community channels such as Slack, GitHub, and social media to ensure a positive and inclusive environment.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the core development team, communicating feedback, suggestions, and concerns to drive continuous improvement.
- Track and analyze community engagement metrics to measure growth, identify trends, and inform future strategies.
- Provide support and guidance to community members, assisting with technical and non-technical questions and issues.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in open source community management to continually improve our community initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience managing developer communities, both online and in-person.
- Demonstrated success in growing and improving developer communities against business goals.
- Deep understanding of open source development processes, tools, and culture.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and information clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with a diverse community of developers
- Proven experience in organizing and promoting community events, both online and in-person.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to track and interpret community engagement data.
- Active contributor to open source projects, standardization working groups, or tech communities.
- Experience with open-source technologies, big data, machine learning, or artificial intelligence.
- Experience giving technical presentations, talks, and fireside chats at events and conferences.
- Closely follow AI and Big Data industry trends and provide thought leadership.
Simplify ML model deployment