About the Job
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a particular time-zone preference for this role.
Why this job is exciting:
Cody is the best AI coding assistant today, and you'll get to help build it and get it in the hands of millions of devs. AI applied to software engineering will change the world more than any single other technology. We're perfectly positioned to keep building the best coding AI because of our large-scale, deep understanding of code inside the most advanced companies in the world and across the world of public code.
- Build apps with Cody in public
- Build integrations on top of Cody (such as teaching Cody how to use and gather information from other dev tools, including logging, perf, etc., tools)
- Livestream and record demos of what you build, for Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, etc.
- Be an incredibly helpful and inspirational member of our dev community yourself and help grow it
- Represent our user community within Sourcegraph
- Write awesome technical blog posts and docs pages
- Promote Sourcegraph on social media
- Help connect our user community growth to our product-led growth engine
Skills & Experience
- You are intrinsically motivated by Sourcegraph’s mission and Cody.
- Experience as a software engineer or prolific coding
- TypeScript skills (Cody's code is open source)
- Able to communicate technical concepts in a simple and engaging way
- Experience creating high-quality technical writing and videos
- Experience working in a high-agency environment that requires ownership
- You’ve established a strong following on social media platforms
- We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills.
- You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation.
- As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate.
- To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
- The target compensation for this role is $158,404 USD base.
- In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
A code intelligence platform to help you understand, fix, and automate across all your code