Head of Developer Relations
About the Job
At Inworld, we’re building the future of immersive experiences. Our mission is to create and inspire new meaningful relationships. We provide a creative suite for building virtual characters, with a focus on gaming and brand experiences. Our goal is to give creators an intuitive and powerful way to create lifelike, engaging, and expressive personalities.
Inworld AI is funded by top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Microsoft, and Founders Fund, and a team of all-star angels - corporate executives, top VC funds' partners, and industry veterans from Riot Games, Twitch, and Oculus.
We’re looking for a Head of Developer Relations to help the creator and developer community flourish by sharing their passion and knowledge for storytelling, games, characters, AI, and Inworld. We're looking for a creative technologist whose passion for gaming and storytelling is only matched by their drive to connect authentically with people online and in person. By showcasing the potential of Inworld’s AI characters – at game jams, conferences, Discord, or elsewhere – you will enhance users’ skill sets and spark excitement about limitless possibilities for creativity with Inworld.
If you're the type of person that always has your finger on the pulse of gaming and AI, and are eager to talk shop with anyone and everyone about your favorite NPCs, the latest Discord chatter, or an upcoming game release, this may be the role for you.
- Develop and execute a developer relations strategy that aligns with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Establish strong relationships with developers and creators in a scalable way. You will engage with online communities in Discord and other forums to build Inworld’s user base. You will motivate and empower the community to create evangelists for Inworld.
- Work closely with product teams to directly feed developer needs into the feature roadmap.
- Participate and host community events, game jams, and conferences, as the face of Inworld.
- Write tutorials, blogs, create videos, or other content to educate the community. Create opportunities to showcase the community’s work.
- Be a bridge between the community and the rest of the company. Keep a pulse on community needs, share feedback, and work with product to shape our roadmap.
- Engage with creators through different platforms; social media, forums, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming and relevant creator communities. Passionate about storytelling, new forms of interactive media, and enabling others to do their best work.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in online and in-person community building, community tools (e.g. Discord, Reddit, Itch.io, Game Jams, etc.), and social media methodologies.
- High technical fluency, with a solid ability to communicate directly with engineers on technical topics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging, writing technical articles.
- An active contributor and member with growing following on game development communities and development platforms.
- Background in game development is a plus.
Please provide a link to your portfolio showcasing your experience of connecting with developers and speaking publicly about cutting-edge technologies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Create any character you can imagine. AI characters have lifelike personalities and engaging conversation