About the Job
Come and join us at Redis, where our success and diverse global culture make us the ideal choice for your next career move. When you join us, you’ll begin a new and exciting career journey on which you’ll enjoy professional success, learn valuable new skills, and make lifelong friends.
Data is the lifeline of every business, and Redis helps organizations reimagine how fast they can process, analyze, make predictions, and take action on the data they generate. Redis provides a competitive edge to more than 8,000 global businesses with Redis Enterprise. We have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Why would you love this job?
We're looking for a full-time technical writer to help create and enhance docs for Redis developers. We're ideally looking for a writer with at least some meaningful software development experience. If you're a developer looking to move into technical writing, this may be a great role for you.
As a technical writer, you’ll help produce developer documentation for Redis, Redis Stack, and RedisInsight.
If you’re passionate about listening to, learning from, and advocating for developers through high-quality documentation, we'd love to hear from you.
- Write and edit documentation for Redis, Redis Stack, and RedisInsight
- Produce and maintain high-quality programming language documentation, specifically around our officially-supported Redis client libraries (e.g., Python, Java, Node.js)
- Write and maintain code samples and snippets
- Update outdated documentation as the technology changes
- Collaborate closely with technical writers, product managers, software engineers, designers and other subject-matter experts
- Help make quarterly documentation plans
- Assist with documentation deployment and operations
Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science or a related field, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer, or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Experience creating content for a technical audience
- Experience documenting enterprise and/or open-source software
- Experience with publishing workflows
Extra great if you have:
- Knowledge of databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed systems, cloud computing, and containers (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with static site generators such as Hugo, Jekyll, or Sphinx
- Basic front end development skills (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to pick up features, learn how they work, and document them in easy-to-follow language
- Experience working with product managers to ensure that content is technically accurate and written for the appropriate audience
Our culture is what makes Redis a fun and rewarding place to work. To support you at work and beyond, we offer all of our US team members fantastic benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
- Unlimited time off to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Health, dental, and vision coverage along with 401K, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Frequent team celebrations and recreation events
- Lunch stipends
- Home internet reimbursement
- Yearly health and wellness budget for a healthy mind and body
- Learning and development opportunities
- Ability to influence a high-performance company on its way to IPO
Your application has been successfully submitted.