Senior Technical Writer
About the Job
Remote based role. Open to candidates in the USA - Must be able to primarily work Eastern Time zone hours.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team whose goal is to help both customers and BigPanda employees use our product. This role works closely with the Product and Support teams to ensure strategic alignment across functions and will report to the Documentation Lead. The successful candidate will be a highly organized professional with strong technical proficiencies and a passion for clear communication. In this role you will plan, create, and revise content such as user guides, technical documentation, release notes, and training materials.
- Create, revise, and maintain product documentation and release announcements with consistent style and quality
- Create and maintain internal training materials for new product releases
- Understand and be able to communicate both product value and functionality
- Collaborate with Documentation team to ensure quality, style, and design of content
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team to create user interface text such as field labels or tooltips
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop other supporting product documentation including deployment guides, FAQs, best practices, and more
- Collaborate with content teams to improve and refine style guides and content standards
- Identify gaps in documentation design, user needs, and overall experience
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) in communication or information technology or Experience with SaaS platforms and Agile development
- 5 or more years working with Engineers, Product Managers, or Subject Matter Experts on technical writing for SaaS or web-based software products.
- Experience planning, researching, writing, and editing software documentation
- Portfolio of documentation examples with clear, high-quality technical writing
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people across countries and time zones
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables over tight timelines
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Competitive equity
- Remote-first environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health benefits
- #PandaParent support. Combined total of 18 weeks fully paid leave for all new parents
- Financial planning services
- Employee learning & development budget
- Values-based recognition (quarterly and annually)
- Social community & ERG programs
- Flexible work environment
- Values-based culture
BigPanda offers a generous total rewards package that includes base pay, bonus, equity, and a world-class benefits program. We run three (3) compensation review cycles per year to ensure that managers can recognize employees without much lag between achievement and reward. All of this builds toward the best compensation we can give to anyone: the ability to develop your skills each and every day. BigPanda has a significant focus on career development that is at the core of our employee experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.