Staff Developer Advocate
About the Job
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Workforce Identity products are the foundation for enabling customers to increase internal and external collaboration by providing friction-free and secure access to on-prem and cloud apps from anywhere and any device; for improving IT agility by simplifying identity management and saving time on cumbersome processes such as employee/partner/vendor onboarding and password-resets; and for strengthening security by reducing the risk of identity-centric cybersecurity attacks. The Workforce Identity developer advocacy team’s goal is to turn developers all over the world who build with Okta into Okta champions by proactively enabling their success.
As a Staff Developer Advocate for Workforce Identity, you represent Okta to external developers. You will establish relationships primarily with developers already using Okta or in the process of onboarding. You will craft resources to help them build with Okta, including sample apps, videos, technical guides, and workshops. You will engage with our customers and 3rd party integrator community, championing their interests, accelerating their development, and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
- Engage online developer communities (forums, social networks) to improve affinity toward Okta and grow members of Workforce Developer Community.
- Capture and drive feedback to respective product teams
- Utilize your “developer zero” mindset to test product usage scenarios
- Create compelling content such as blogs, tutorials, videos
- Support / enhance developer documentation
- Establish thought leadership in identity with developers at events
- Collaboration with DevRel team focused on Customer Identity
Skills & Experience
- You have 5+ years of experience as a developer - a plus if you have any experience in developer relations.
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Server-side development (.NET or Java) a plus
- You not only enjoy creating developer content, you are eager to share your findings with other developers, whether online or at in-person events
- Great verbal and written communication skills. Able to adjust your message for different audiences
- Deep understanding of developer communities and forums of which you are actively engaged
- You are self-driven, work well remotely, while maintaining strong visibility internally and to external developer communities
- You are known to be a strong contributor and a collaborator who takes initiative
- You are passionate about developer topics, and enjoy helping others solve problems
- You are always learning and curious, keeping up to date with developer trends - a plus if you are a trendsetter yourself
- You are recognized for your industry accomplishments among your peers, and they see you as a high impact team member
Your application has been successfully submitted.