Lead Engineer, Developer Experience
About the Job
Are you our new Lead Engineer for Developer Experience at the LEGO Group?
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader with a strategic approach to build and implement Developer Experience (DX) to make the LEGO Group the best place to work for software developers!
Working in LEGO® Developer Experience & Cloud Foundation is a hugely exciting experience and a fantastic opportunity to work with groundbreaking technology in a diverse and upbeat engineering team. We are passionate about delivering our vision of a modern Digital Technology Organization.
Play your part in our team succeeding.
The larger Developer Experience and Cloud Enablement area, providing foundational capabilities for our product teams using or migrating to cloud. We are guides in Cloud & Containerization in the organization. That is why we are the ones that help product teams embrace Cloud and assist them with creation of a DevSecOps experience.
We are a new team and supports hundreds of digital product teams today and you will be part of establishing the foundation of the team bring mentorship and guardrails for how we build the next generation of digital LEGO services in Cloud.
Developers in the LEGO Group are based all over the world with most product teams centered in our Digital Hubs in Billund, Copenhagen London and Shanghai.
The team is based at our brand-new Campus office in Billund. The work environment is exciting, inspiring, flexible, and we like to have fun along the way!
The team focuses on improving developer efficiency by providing self-service & automated access to everything a developer needs to build outstanding digital products, so we in the end can reach even more kids with digital experience.
- Help define and deliver the DX at the LEGO Group.
- Lead the technical direction for developer enablement capabilities.
- Build a strong engineering community around our digital engineering toolbox.
- Define and deliver core developer capabilities to be consumed by internal product teams.
- Enable product teams to meet business needs by ensuring by building the backlog and prioritizing features.
- Develop a learning mentality and lead the team to success.
- Build solid feedback loops to create data driven decisions.
- Ensure the LEGO Group gets most value from investment in Developer Experience.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking a candidate with strong seniority from a lead role also with solid experience in hands-on development from working in a result focused environment.
Shoved experience of operating and developing infrastructure and services in cloud native environments (AWS, Azure or GCP). Maybe your technology toolbox contains some of these: C#/Java/Python/Go/C# and integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc.).
To succeed in this role, you preferably have competence within the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering.
- Experience with making people successful.
- Passion for, and ability to, lead both people and technology.
- Experience with SCRUM, agile methodologies, and prototyping techniques.
- Great in presentation and communication.
Advanced English both written and verbally are needed since we are an international gathered team.
Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
- Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
the LEGO Group
Our mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow