Senior Director of Developer Relations
About the Job
The mission of the Developer Experience team at Netlify is to work together with web developers to inspire, enable, and empower our users to build a better web. This includes, but is not limited to: creating resources with authenticity, building inclusive communities, advocating internally for our users, and making sure our product, messaging, open-source repos, and integrations are world-class. Through this, the team helps Netlify become a stronger member of the modern web ecosystem and empowers developers to discover, learn, and use Netlify.
As Netlify’s Senior Director of Developer Relations, you are an organizational leader with a passion for data-driven decision making, operational excellence, and know that a successful Developer Experience team is a prerequisite for growth. You’ll have a clear vision of how the team can transform company strategy and execution. With our team, you’ll be hands-on with growing the careers of our team members and scaling the DX function. You’ll ensure that the organization always approaches work with the goal of continuous improvement and driving business impact.
- You’ll be leading, mentoring, and developing the personal and professional careers of an international team across 5+ time zones, in a remote-first company
- Creating and executing a plan across the company to develop and mature our strategic approach to Developer Experience & Developer Relations
- Overseeing the team’s creation of resources that empower developers to build more ambitious apps on the web.
- You’ll be plugged into the developer community. What are people excited about? Where are people frustrated? You’ll be leading the team that brings insights from the community back to Netlify so we can make sure we're building the right things.
- Supporting and enabling the other teams inside of Netlify. You'll occasionally jump in on Sales calls, strategic discussions about our roadmap, marketing planning sessions, and much more.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in managing and leading technical teams, which includes managers and individual contributor employees.
- A history of leading Developer Relations teams and experience leading engineers through change and iteration.
- A breadth of experience in working remotely with a high level of asynchronous communication.
- A high level of comfort with designing and implementing a strategic roadmap with the ability to discuss the merits and tradeoffs based on business needs
- You're a skilled interpersonal communicator. This job requires not just understanding things but explaining them in a way that brings others along with you and inspires them to follow your lead. You should be a competent leader and motivator who's not afraid to call a meeting and drive people to an action plan.
- Prior exposure to working for a high-growth technology startup is an added advantage and the ability to talk through, at least on a high level, the process, challenges, and trade-offs (internal and external) of supporting global products that are used millions of times a day.
- The ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. The community evolves fast, and we have to adapt our plans to keep up.
- A collaborative, low-ego approach that leads with curiosity and a deep passion for solving complex, ambiguous problems.
At Netlify, we are committed to equal pay for equal work. Our base compensation for this role is targeted at $212,500 - $330,500 for US-based locations. Netlify anchors our compensation philosophy on a market-based approach, therefore salary ranges may differ depending on the cost of labor in a particular location. For example, the top of the range reflects the highest paying market in the US and above range for many US cities. In addition to robust benefits, participation in Netlify’s equity plan, and incentive pay/commission for eligible roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.