Senior/Principal Product Marketing Manager, OLAP/Data Warehouse
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced product marketing professional to help us grow our product marketing function at Hasura. The primary goal of this role is to accelerate the growth and adoption of Hasura for mission critical users.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be focused on building out and executing on a Go To Market strategy for Hasura. This role will help drive the ideation and development of messaging and positioning collateral, sales enablement content, product content to help demand generation efforts as well as content for outbound engagement with analysts, media and press.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has worked on enterprise products in the OLAP and data warehouse space and is very well versed with the database and cloud computing market. Having experience with GraphQL is beneficial. You are self managed, with a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and competitive drive to get things done.
Success in this role will require tight coordination with Product, Sales, Marketing and Developer Relations. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate complex technical concepts into materials for non-technical audiences is essential. Excellent written and vocal communication skills as well as having a creative bent of mind is a must.
You will report to the Director of Product Marketing at Hasura.
- Content & Launch Ownership – Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive sophisticated launch GTM programs that build awareness, consideration, and drive adoption. Develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates product capabilities into outstanding and meaningful business benefits and value that resonate with diverse audiences
- Research and Develop – Analyze customer requirements, the evolving market landscape, and competitive offerings to identify key messages and points of differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings. Deliver insights from our users and pre-sales engineers back to Product and Engineering for incorporation into the product roadmap and GTM plans. This analysis can be a part of our product messaging and positioning at launch. Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams will use this analysis to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Unify Messaging – Provide insights to the developer relations and sales engineering teams based on customer conversations and ecosystem trends to unify messaging and also help the teams effectively tailor their developer-facing material to reflect these messages.
- Amplify Demand Generation – Lead the development and iteration of content, key assets, and tools to be leveraged in any outbound demand generation efforts, customer, analyst, or media/press engagement
- Plan and Execute – Collaborate with Marketing, DevRel, and Sales leadership to build the strategic GTM plans that communicate the value of the Hasura to multiple audiences
- Evangelize – Drive the curation and development of customer case studies & proof points in various formats and engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles and assume the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community.
- Return on Investment – Evaluate the Return on Investment of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
This is a cross-functional go-to-market role, based on strategic collaboration between Product, Sales, Solutions Engineering, Marketing and Developer Relations functions, as well as regular communication with executive leadership:
- Product Marketing: create and develop content, conduct webinars, assist with trade shows, collaborate with AR/PR team and other marketing activities as required
- Sales: partner with sales teams to help deliver successful strategic engagements with both new and existing customers, improving sales productivity and reducing deal friction
- Pre-sales: translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for management and executive decision-makers
- Product Management: advocate for Hasura customers, deliver field insights from practitioners back to Product and Engineering for incorporation into the product roadmap and GTM plans.
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in the enterprise technology space.
- Experience marketing products in the OLAP/Data Warehouse space, such as Snowflake, BigQuery, RedShift, etc.
- Deep understanding of the users and buyers of these technologies, and the surrounding ecosystem
- History of category creation, thought leadership and shaping the narrative in the market.
- Blend strong business and technical acumen to define product marketing plans that will drive business growth. You need a solid knowledge of the data management & application development ecosystem and how it is relevant in a constantly evolving market landscape, especially in digital transformation and developer practices
- Strong communication, story-telling, writing, content-creation and presentation skills with the ability to take the complex and make it simple.
- Excellent team player with good written communication and presentation skills
- Experience presenting to customers and prospects, as well as to analysts and the press.
- Experience leading product launches, from crafting pricing and messaging to managing demand gen and other launch tactics.
- Excellent program and project management skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional remote teams, and third parties
- Experienced at establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, rapidly changing environment
At Hasura, we help developers go from zero to fully fledged modern apps, blazing fast. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both how Hasura is built as well as the larger developer ecosystem.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
Perks of working at Hasura:
- Remote & Hybrid Work Environment: Our team is spread across 18 countries and we’re a remote workforce. We have office spaces in San Francisco and Bangalore for those who want to catch up for high-bandwidth discussions over a whiteboards and snacks!
- Self-care Fridays: We have the second Friday of every month off - so we always have at least one long weekend to recharge and spend time taking care of ourselves.
- Equipment and learning allowance: We have a $2500 laptop budget and generous yearly equipment and learning budgets.
- Donation Matching: We have a donation matching fund of USD 20,000 / year to match employee donations to global organizations working towards equality & equity.
- Yearly offsites: Regular off-sites to meet your team members and colleagues for fun and work - with at-least one annual full company gathering! (Pandemic permitting :P)
- Flexible timings & PTO: Pick work hours that suit you the best! Ensure that you have effective overlaps with your team members as required, and choose the time and place of work that brings out the best in you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.