Senior Technical Writer (Software)
About the Job
Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
As a technical writer, you’ll create delightful learning content that bridges the gap between our technology and the developers who use it to solve our customers' governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) challenges. To be successful in this role, you need to abstract, seeing beyond buttons and features to a domain model that can be automated, integrated, and scaled through code and APIs.
HighBond, our SaaS GRC platform, leads the industry. You have the chance to directly impact on executing our ambitious strategy by driving usage of our platform across multiple teams and use cases. Simplifying the complex will be an exciting journey - you'll learn constantly, creatively solve problems, and work alongside an experienced, capable, and supportive team based in North America, Europe, and India.
- Join a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, software engineers, developer advocates, and others to take independent, decisive action to support and enhance our developer experience (DX) vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of HighBond’s user, administrator, and developer dynamics.
- Author getting started tutorials, build guides, release notes, technical reference material, and API/SDK commentary to help developers build solutions on our platform.
- Document out-of-the-box GRC solutions we build for customers so they know how to implement them.
- Occasionally, you might write help content for a non-technical audience, too.
- Meet our standards for quality, accessibility, and translation.
Skills & Experience
- Want to develop meaningful relationships with highly technical peers from other functions.
- Have a passion to understand how developers use complex technical information.
- Want to create content that is a core part of, not an addendum to, a developer’s journey and experience.
- Take initiative and navigate ambiguous situations, defining problems just as well as solutions.
- Want to tell a meaningful story, not just recite technical facts.
- Have a growth mindset - we’re building something great and you should be, too.
- Aren’t afraid to fail sometimes.
- Prefer the agile methodology to perfection.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience in developer relations, developer support, or writing documentation for developer-focused software. Experience in agile/SaaS software development environments is desirable.
- A background in programming and scripting languages that is strong enough for you to read and write code samples. A history working with Python or Terraform/HCL is particularly applicable to this role.
- Demonstrated experience creating guides and reference documentation for a developer audience.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with developers to create REST API/SDK documentation.
- Exceptional written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with MadCap Flare.
- Experience with Markdown.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
- History working with localization teams to ensure systems and content are localizable.
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Your application has been successfully submitted.