Developer Documentation Technical Writer
About the Job
Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication. That means dApp users can interact with any asset, any application, on any chain via a proof-of-stake transport layer.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase, Dragonfly Capital and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchains, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, Polkadot and others. Axelar’s team includes experts in distributed systems/cryptography and MIT/Google/Consensys alumni; the co-founders, Sergey Gorbunov and Georgios Vlachos, were founding team members at Algorand.
Axelar is looking for a technical writer who understands the developer journey and can write and edit documentation and educational materials that enable developers to build faster and better using Axelar tools and infrastructure.
- Creating conceptual, procedural, and reference materials for docs.axelar.dev.
- Working across the company and with engineers to ensure we provide a clear consistent story for developers.
- Creating and refining clear educational journeys for developers.
- Creating and testing sample code for developer journeys.
- Editing documents to maintain consistency of style.
- Working with freelance technical writers as an editor.
- Writing and editing documentation in markdown on GitHub.
Skills & Experience
- You have 2+ years as a technical writer for developer documentation, or 4+ years in a technical role related to software development and a desire to focus on documentation.
- You have Intermediate engineering skills; experience in building web, mobile, or blockchain applications with comfort editing and running code.
- You are able to clearly communicate complex ideas and concepts.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to reach solutions as well as the keenness to learn.
- You enjoy being hands-on, being a self-starter that thrives well in ambiguity.
- A problem solver at heart that can envision successful outcomes.
- You have a creative flair, always seizing an opportunity to do things differently.
- You’re open to collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, flourishing in a distributed environment.
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world.
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol.
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process.
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge.
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Axelar powers the cross-chain future