Product Marketing Manager
About the Job
Born at Y Combinator alongside Airbnb, Dropbox, and DoorDash, DevCycle is a feature management platform that helps modern engineering teams improve their software development process and ship features faster with confidence.
DevCycle has a new vision of feature management that goes beyond risk reduction and enables dev teams to maximize product impact. It’s built for dev teams who are tired of the stress, complexity, and risk of releasing new code.
Come join the team responsible for the platform chosen by high-growth start-ups to Fortune 500 companies around the world. We're designing the future of software development. Learn more about DevCycle here.
Your role as Product Marketing Manager will be to support the complete DevCycle product, partnering with product, sales and marketing teams to launch new features, encourage customer education, and drive adoption of DevCycle. Furthermore, you’ll develop positioning and messaging that will resonate strongly with our customers and prospects. As DevCycle’s first product marketer, you will be instrumental in building our product marketing function from the ground up.
This is a full-time position, and will optimally be hybrid, based in Toronto. We’re also open to remote candidates within Canada or the continental U.S.
- Learn our product and our customers to understand how DevCycle can provide additional value
- Drive go-to-market strategy and execution to ensure new features and product developments are effectively brought to market and delivered against KPIs
- Develop messaging and positioning that differentiates us from competitors and demonstrates a clear understanding of our users’ needs and pain points
- Collaborate with other marketing groups to see success in channel initiatives
- Engage in roadmap review and release processes to stay on top of all marketable features and products, and support the communication rollout as required to launch
- Team up with product managers and technical support representatives to develop plans for user enablement to drive long-term adoption through educational content - blog posts, product tips, best practice guides, video content, and more
- Develop impactful training & enablement materials to support sales and arm the team to win in a competitive sales environment
- Be an advocate for and evangelize product positioning and messaging with cross-functional teams internally and externally
- Learn the competitive landscape to help arm sales and product management with insights into strengths and weaknesses while helping to maintain comprehensive market research
- Measure, report and analyze performance against key metrics
Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years of experience in product marketing, focused on B2B SaaS or a tool used by engineers
- Ownership around the strategy for product marketing and project management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with an ability to simplify complex concepts
- An innate ability to be a champion for our customers, using direct customer feedback as a tool to advocate internally
- A curious, proactive and collaborative approach to learning new tools or industries
- The desire to be a business leader in training; wanting to own the messaging, the positioning, the materials and the success
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.