Sr. Director, Audience Development & Content Strategy
About the Job
Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
Brand Marketing at Docker is an exciting and dynamic group that works closely with product and growth marketing, developer relations, and sales to build brand awareness and drive brand loyalty. Our team is a vibrant group of marketing, content, and communications specialists who find ways to connect with our audience where they are, including O&O platforms, social channels, and IRL events.
In this role, you will develop and execute an audience development and content strategy that will engage and delight developers. You will create user experiences and journeys that will qualitatively improve a brand already beloved by millions, and increase our reach commensurately. More than 8M developers use Docker every month. Over 70,000 customers have chosen Docker, including 70% of the Fortune 100.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need experience working with specific communities across platforms and a proven ability to drive engagement. You will be comfortable with both creative and data-driven decision making, and you have a strong understanding of the importance of brand tone and voice, as well as affinity marketing. Your long-term success will depend on your ability to work closely with internal teams at Docker to drive organization objectives. Most importantly, you’ll need to be okay with taking ownership of big objectives with big goals, working autonomously, and maintaining a bias for action.
- Develop and execute audience development and content strategy/roadmap across all channels (website, social media, YouTube, Apple News, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams ( design, product, growth, sales, etc.) to drive audience growth and engagement
- Moderate community across platforms to drive loyalty and brand affinity
- Conduct audience research and analysis to inform content and audience development decisions
- Create and manage editorial calendars, content production schedules, and content promotion plans
- Define and track key performance metrics, such as website traffic, engagement, and conversion, and use data to continuously optimize strategies
- Oversee and manage paid media campaigns to drive audience growth and engagement, and to support content and brand initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and innovations, and incorporate new approaches and technologies as appropriate
- Manage and mentor a team of content and audience development professionals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with industry influencers, thought leaders, and other partners to expand the brand's reach and reputation
- Manage budgets and allocate resources to support the content and audience development initiatives.
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Get to know the team, brand, and developer culture
- Develop an initial strategy and pipeline
- Develop a plan to achieve 2023 OKRs
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Contribute meaningfully to driving brand awareness and affinity
- Create consensus around new processes
- Build team of best-in-class professionals
What to expect in the first year:
- Engaged audiences across multiple platforms/channels
- Full content pipeline
- Robust digital insights and analysis around brand loyalty, audience affinities, and user engagement
Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years of experience in content and audience development, with a proven track record of success
- Strong understanding of digital media and marketing, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media, and content marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to inform decisions
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of professionals
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box, and to bring new ideas and approaches to the table
- Knowledge of current industry trends and technologies, with a passion for staying up-to-date on the latest developments.
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Whaleness Days: companywide day off each month
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Stock Options; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Your application has been successfully submitted.