DevOps Engineer - Developer Experience
About the Job
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, data driven—to match companies with the right freelance talent.
But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach.
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 40 nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
You will be in the Developer Experience squad. The squad main mission is to improve the experience of the software engineers on the overall software life-cycle from build to run. It aims in reducing friction delivering software faster being effective, efficient and collaborative. We help by identifying pain points, finding solutions and continuously improving the developer experience.
Our Tech Stack:
- Frontend: TypeScript, Vue.js, Nuxt, Internal Design System, Stencil.js
- Backend : Kotlin, Java Spring Boot, Gradle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Terraform, ArgoCD, Gitlab CI
- Mobile: Swift, KotlinData: Big Query, Looker, Spark, Python
- We practice continuous integration and delivery, we update Malt around 70 times per week in production. We intensively use Datadog for production monitoring and alerting.
- Empowering product squads giving them access to their DORA metrics
- Continuously improving and maintaining a good CI/CD pipeline
- Automating and improving testing strategy
- Identifying and addressing pain points in the software development process through developer experience assessments but also tracking and analyzing relevant metrics
- Adding, improving and maintaining the global developer experience tools and processes (surveys, best-practices, ADR management, IDE, etc.)
- Providing training and support both on on-boarding new teammates and training on specific topics more experienced teammates
- Managing development environments used by engineering
Skills & Experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a system administrator, DevOps Engineer in a company developing and operating a product in the Cloud
- You already worked on a CI/CD pipeline integration
- Communicate with product squads seems essential to you in your work
- You are interested in improving the Developer Experience of the company
- Screening with Alex, Tech Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions (45 minutes)
- Interview with Romain, our Senior Platform Engineering Manager, to discuss your experience and the role in more detail (60 minutes)
- Technical Interview with the team (90 minutes)
- Final interview with a C-Level to discuss long-term vision at Malt
- Proposal within 48h
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers: €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: full remote, with a possibility to work from any of our offices
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt!
Your application has been successfully submitted.