Growth Engineer (Developer Relations)
About the Job
We’re looking for an incredible growth engineer to help us onboard more developers and teams onto the future of blockchain scalability. As a growth engineer, you will build solutions (content and code) to make it easier for developers to start building on Caldera.
This is an ideal opportunity for you if you’re passionate about helping other developers and solving interesting technical challenges. In this role, you’ll have the freedom to express your creativity, strengthening the relationship that Caldera Labs has with its existing users, and blockchain developers more broadly. If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced, high-impact team and help shape the direction of our product and company, this position is for you.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in the valley and offer competitive pay, an equity grant in the company, and full benefits.
Caldera enables dynamic, scalable blockchain experiences. Currently, dapps that are deployed to general-purpose blockchain compete with thousands of other applications for space on the network — this can lead to congestion and high fees or even network outages.
That’s where we come in. We’re building software that makes it easy for the most innovative blockchain applications to launch their own ultra-performant blockchains (rollups), enabling games to own their ecosystem, scale to millions of users, and provide a superior user experience to their players.
We’re located in San Francisco, and work in-person from the Financial District
- Act as the go-to person for the teams building on Caldera. You will own the relationship between Caldera and our users.
- Interface with developers in the blockchain developer ecosystem and beyond, motivating developers to build with Caldera
- Help our existing customers integrate Caldera into their stack, and help onboard new users onto Caldera rollups
- Create content (including written articles and code samples / demo apps) that highlight Caldera’s product features
- Troubleshoot issues, file bugs, work with the development team to fix and verify issues found
- Attend and organize meetups, conferences, and hackathons
Skills & Experience
- Are passionate about blockchain technology and decentralized applications
- Have prior experience as a growth engineer, developer experience engineer, developer relations engineer, forward deployed engineer, hackathon/conference organizer, or similar
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Program often
- Are interested in learning about the needs of developers, and can effectively translate these needs into concrete product improvements
Bonus points if you:
- Have run developer-focused programs or events in the past, including conferences or hackathons
- Have past experience working with Web3 projects
- Have built Ethereum “dapps” with Solidity or Yul
- Have used ethereum client libraries (eg. ethers.js or web3.js) in the past
- Are up-to-date with Ethereum scaling solutions such as sidechains or rollups
- Enjoy debugging
- Are willing to help us shitpost on twitter
If in doubt, please apply! We will find a place for great candidates, even if you feel that you don’t check all of the boxes.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who can provide samples of prior work (in whatever form that may take: blog posts, articles, conference talks, podcasts, hackathon projects, etc..)
Your application has been successfully submitted.