Technical Writer, Developer Docs
About the Job
Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform. More than 1,900 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, Marks & Spencer, NBCUniversal, PayPal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. With Amplitude, teams can understand what product features are working, where users are getting stuck, and what actions lead to the right outcomes. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
As a Technical Writer, you’ll become an Amplitude specialist and use your deep customer empathy - and relationships with teams across the company - for crafting useful content for our community of developers both inside and outside the company. Our documentation is essential to the developer experience, and we care deeply about usability and efficiency. We’re seeking someone with a strong technical foundation, astute writing ability, user empathy, and a sense of curiosity to understand the product.
- Lead documentation programs and initiatives for Amplitude’s developer center - owning content creation and driving standards and guidelines for Engineering
- Produce technically accurate, well-written, and organized documentation - conducting regular technical reviews to ensure quality and accuracy and writing for our technical users
- Build code samples to contextualize API calls for end-user usage
- Research new and sophisticated product features and dig into source code to collect technical details for documentation as needed
- You will be based in the Support team and partner with our Help Center Program Manager, Engineering, Product, Partnerships, and Professional Services teams to build the overall system and user documentation for the Amplitude platform, product features, and APIs
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of technical writing experience in the software industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey highly technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Experience organizing technical documentation, making it accessible to end-users
- Familiarity with APIs, distributed systems and modern cloud infrastructure
- Independent with the ability to prioritize, multitask and own projects from end-to-end
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverages, with 100% employer-paid premiums for employee Medical, Dental, Vision on select plans
- Flexible time off, paid holidays, and more
- Generous stipends to spend on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness (monthly), learning and development (annual), commuter transit/parking (monthly), home office equipment (annual), and much more
- Excellent Parental benefits including: 12-20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Carrot Fertility Benefits/Adoption/Surrogacy support, Back-up Child Care support
- Mental health and wellness benefits including no cost employee access to Modern Health coaching & therapy Sessions and high quality physician office experience via One Medical membership (select U.S. locations only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Your application has been successfully submitted.