Director of Product Marketing
About the Job
At Laika, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and we have created a workplace where the best idea wins, and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Laika combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Laika helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
The Director of Product Marketing is a key leadership role responsible for driving the development and execution of product marketing and customer evangelism strategies to support the growth and success of the company. In this role, you’ll be our expert sitting at the intersection of the industry, competition and our customers. Your aim is to be a catalyst for all of the Go-to-market teams (marketing, sales, partners), enabling them with a deep understanding of our buyers and their needs. You will report to the VP of Marketing, immediately managing one direct report with the opportunity to grow your team. You will lead cross-functional projects and be responsible for driving product awareness, internal enablement, and customer engagement.
We love collaborating and seeing each other succeed - it is all about teamwork! We set clear expectations through quarterly OKRs and our goals are mapped to company-level revenue targets. We are a numbers oriented team that requires visibility into how we’re performing. Alongside the VP of Marketing, you will help to develop quarterly plans and annual strategies, and be responsible for recommending the budget, channels and resources required to effectively drive product awareness and adoption. The marketing team at Laika is highly-visible across the organization and is a core driving force of our current and future growth.
- Be a catalyst for growth, enabling all GTM functions to understand our buyers, their pain points and how we are best suited to solve them
- Partner with the demand generation team to develop marketing campaigns that nail the ICP and messaging
- Partner with Sales Enablement and Customer Success to ensure the right training, support and sales materials are available for use
- Support the development of networking and education experiences that bring our customers and prospects together to learn, working with the Director of Demand to execute
- Map and execute an analyst relationship program, ensuring regular touch-points with key industry thought-leaders
- Conduct market research and analysis to inform product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to ensure cohesive and effective execution of product launches; develop product launch plans, recommend pricing strategies, and customer engagement programs to drive product adoption and support customer adoption
- Drive thought leadership and industry presence by speaking at conferences, writing articles and whitepapers, and leveraging social media and other marketing channels to promote the company and its products
- Communicate plans, expectations and results to senior leadership and your marketing peers
- Be a supportive teammate!
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in a growth marketing role, 5-7 years in Product Marketing
- 3+ years B2B SaaS experience
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment with dynamic competition
- People management experience
- Hands-on field experience; ie you’ve run demos for customers/prospects hundreds of times
- Experience building and running analyst relationship program
- Experience effectively partnering with content and demand marketing teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable empathy and understanding of how to best work with our peers in sales, partnerships and customer success
- Experience working directly with C-level executive team
- Compensation range for this position is $180,000 - $200,000 base salary - placement will be based on experience and skills
- Quarterly variable compensation based on performance
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work from home model
- Unlimited PTO
- $800 stipend for home office equipment
- Wifi and wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
Your application has been successfully submitted.