Developer Advocate Engineer
About the Job
Here at Hugging Face, we’re on a journey to advance good Machine Learning and make it more accessible. Along the way, we contribute to the development of technology for the better.
We have built the fastest-growing, open-source, library of pre-trained models in the world. With over 100M+ installs and 65K+ stars on GitHub, over 10 thousand companies are using HF technology in production, including leading AI organizations such as Google, Elastic, Salesforce, Algolia, and Grammarly.
As a Developer Advocate Engineer, you will have a key role in driving the adoption of the Hub platform and Open Source technologies by creating, fostering and growing communities, extending the use cases of the Hub, developing tools to improve the developer experience, and bringing feedback to the team. You’ll collaborate extremely closely with both the Open Source, Science and Product teams.
This is not a marketing position! Developer Advocacy at Hugging Face is deeply technical and having a generalist mindset is essential. Our team contributes to libraries such as Transformers and Datasets, as well as external libraries, and being able to technically collaborate with the rest of the team is essential.
We value that each team member works on impactful projects that are interesting to them. As such, you’ll have a key part in defining your role and day-to-day activities. Depending on your interests, you could work on developing tools to expand the Hub to new domains such as Reinforcement Learning or Computer Vision in a week and craft blog posts, videos, talks and demos the next one.
Skills & Experience
You'll love working here if you enjoy both developing your Machine Learning skills and amplifying your impact by engaging with the ecosystem. If you can spend Monday coding, Tuesday designing a workshop, Wednesday writing a blog post and Thursday crafting ML memes, this job opening is for you!
We are growing a team with diverse backgrounds and skills, and hence being proficient in other human languages and having deep connections with your local ecosystem is a strong bonus. Having experience in Open Source development is a huge bonus. Existing engagement in different platforms (GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Reddit, etc) is also a bonus but not required.
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we still encourage you to apply! We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and backgrounds complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest people in our industry. We are an organization that has a bias for impact and is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. We offer flexible working hours and remote options. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We also offer parental leave and unlimited paid time off.
- We support our employees wherever they are. While we have office spaces in NYC and Paris, we’re very distributed and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices. If needed, we’ll also outfit your workstation to ensure you succeed.
- We want our teammates to be shareholders. All employees have company equity as part of their compensation package. If we succeed in becoming a category-defining platform in machine learning and artificial intelligence, everyone enjoys the upside.
- We support the community. We believe major scientific advancements are the result of collaboration across the field. Join a community supporting the ML/AI community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI community building the future