Senior Cloud Developer Advocate
About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Cloud Developer Advocate to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for working with our Kubernetes Platform Engineering and Cloud Native Development Teams to educate and evangelize our platforms and solutions to developers, IT and business leaders. You will also be responsible for delivering hands-on demonstrations, building POCs, and developing technical content to showcase the capabilities of our platforms.
- Provide hands-on technical demonstrations and presentations of our multi-cloud Kubernetes and cloud native solutions to our developers.
- Develop technical content, including newsletters, blog posts, technical documentation, and sample code, to educate and inform developers and IT leaders at 100, 200, 300 and 400 levels.
- Perform well-architected reviews for various application teams to help building secure, high-performing, resilient, and cost-efficient solutions.
- Organize developer workshops, build-a-thons and other developer events to engage with the internal developer community and help drive adoption of our platforms.
- Work with platform engineering to develop proof-of-concepts to showcase emerging technologies in the industry and co-ordinate the delivery to new capabilities to production.
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to ensure that our products are scalable, secure, and highly available.
- Build and showcase DevOps best practices to build scalable, secure, cost-effective and highly available solutions.
- Maximize your presence at leading cloud conferences such as KubeCon, AWS re:Invent, Google Cloud Next, Redhat Summit, and other speaking engagements to effectively showcase and promote our cutting-edge platforms and solutions to the developer community.
- Champion the utilization of top-notch open source software in the enterprise and actively drive internal contributions to upstream
- Mentor and guide junior developers in best practices for using our platforms.
Skills & Experience
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management required;
- Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required;
- Broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum 5 years of understanding in building and architecting cloud native and serverless solutions on AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with multiple Kubernetes platforms like EKS, GKE, AKS, and OpenShift.
- Minimum of 3 years of strong programming skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Go, .NET or Java.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a passion for educating and informing others.
- Experience with DevOps, including continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including platform engineering, and cloud security.
- Cloud certifications on AWS, GCP and Azure are plus
- Kubernetes certifications like CKA, CKD or CKS are plus
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and guide junior developers.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Improving the health of humanity