About the Job
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a results-oriented Community Manager to join our team and help us grow our first customer community site.
As our first Community Manager, your mission will be to uphold moderation guidelines on our community site and drive customer engagement. You should be excited about playing an important role in helping define and execute the community strategy. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are experienced working with B2B SaaS Community platforms (like InSided or Higher Logic Vanilla), have outstanding organizational skills, and are excited to drive positive membership growth within our community.
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Education to refine the moderation, content, engagement, and reporting strategies associated with the community site
- Moderate our community platform to ensure users abide by community guidelines
- Drive user engagement by facilitating discussions and hosting events within the community
- Drive positive growth on leading metrics (including membership growth, engagement rates, questions answered) and long-term metrics (i.e. product adoption, NPS, decrease in support tickets, and more)
- Promote educational assets to drive adoption of resources on the Muck Rack Academy
- Coordinate community projects with departments across the organization
- Partner with the Content and Product Marketing teams to curate and socialize content in the community
- Familiarize yourself with the voice and tone of the Muck Rack brand and embody it consistently when engaging in the community
- Identify & collaborate with thought leaders and community members to create value for the community
How success will be measured in this role:
- Membership growth
- Contributing users
- Engagement rates (impressions, reactions, comments, votes)
- Impact on product adoption
- Positive comparative metric change in community members and non-members
- Impact on Academy course participants
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years minimum experience in building successful online communities
- Experience with Public Relations/Journalism
- Experience in defining community strategy, KPIs, and goals to grow audience and engagement
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Experience with social media marketing is a plus
- Comfort with tools including Adobe Creative Suite, TechSmith, and Camtasia is a plus
- An ability to distill multiple marketing messages & inputs into a clear plan and process for execution
- Master prioritizer, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and pivot based on changing business priorities
- Strong communication skills – able to work independently while also collaborating with others
- Experience in conducting user surveys preferred
- Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
- Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
- Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
- PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
- Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
- Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Community Manager role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A final interview with several team members
Your application has been successfully submitted.