Animation Technical Writer
About the Job
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
DOCUMENTATION - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do:
The Unreal Engine is a dense web of technologies merging to create the best creative 3D experiences in the world. At the heart of understanding that tech is the Unreal Engine Documentation.
The Unreal Engine Documentation team is responsible for publishing educational and reference material to provide knowledge and confidence for thousands of users. This includes improving existing documentation, documenting new features, and identifying gaps to fill to improve our depth and completeness.
What You'll Do:
You will join a dedicated Documentation team of technical communications experts, where your challenge will be to expand the Animation documentation for an eager audience. You will be challenged to balance introductory information for new beginners with rich technical breakdowns of complex Animation flows and features. This role involves building relationships with other writers and technical subject matter experts in the Product team, and demonstrating your ability to communicate complicated concepts to experts in the fields of gaming, automotive and engineering, virtual production, and more.
- Own the Animation documentation for Unreal Engine
- Create, edit, and maintain user-facing documentation and supporting material for a technical audience
- Work closely within a team of writers and with subject matter experts in engineering, design, product management, and professionals in related disciplines like Developer Relations, QA, and more
- Develop your skills as a writer with a view to building your responsibilities and increasing your contributions to the team and the product
Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the fundamentals of Animation
- Organization skills and ability to manage priorities
- Previous experience as a Technical Writer or other instructional role is ideal
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
- Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents.
- Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match.
- We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
- Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks.
- We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games