About the Job
Are you looking to put your development or technical writing skills to use on a team passionate about storytelling and creative narratives? Would it be motivating to write and edit blogs and other content that resonates with a technical audience?
You’ll draft your own content and also edit and manage content from other technical contributors, with a focus on observability technology that helps our customers understand the state of their entire stack. By working closely with subject matter experts, developer relations, product and product marketing managers, engineers, and solutions architects, you’ll research, write, edit, and copyedit how-to, thought leadership, and behind-the-scenes content that attracts and engages a technical audience. You will also get to educate and empower content creators throughout the company, including engineers, to author original content. If this sounds like your ideal job, keep reading!
This is a remote U.S. based position.
- Research, write, and edit technical content you create from scratch, ensuring we are publishing a steady stream of impactful, high-quality content.
- Manage, edit, and publish content from contributors, including ensuring that their content is accurate, clear, and high quality.
- Build and write about simple, effective code examples that show technical practitioners how to incorporate observability into their stack.
- Participate in building and leading an editorial calendar that addresses Google search patterns, answers our audience’s top questions, and motivates readers to take action and engage with us further.
- Work closely with members of Marketing and Engineering to help the company achieve broader goals and initiatives.
- Demonstrate willingness and interest in learning all that you can to stay current on both technology trends and content marketing best practices.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience with technical writing, documentation, or editorial writing. Developers and engineers are encouraged to apply—yes, internal documentation and quality READMEs count as experience
- 2+ years of coding experience—any and all languages welcome
- Strong growth mindset and interest in learning new coding languages and technologies as needed
- Strong writing and editing skills required—you should be able to organize and structure a narrative
- Passion for writing clear, engaging articles about technical topics for a wide audience, from developers to C-level executives
- Deep understanding of modern enterprise technologies used by developers and technical practitioners to build outstanding digital experiences for their customers
- Strong collaboration and editing skills—you won’t just write original content, but also help other contributors create and produce their content
- Ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
- Strong attention to detail, project management, and multitasking skills, as well as ability to initiate, innovate, and offer ideas
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in multiple development languages, software stacks, and frameworks
- Engineering or ops experience
- Open source contributions
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
New Relic, Inc.
Data for Engineers