Product Marketing Manager, Startups
About the Job
Product Marketing is a global team of capable, friendly, user-oriented marketers, partnering closely with many of Stripe’s world-class teams such as product, engineering, integrated marketing, communications, and design.
- Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth
- Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few
- Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption Post-launch
We’re looking for a Product Marketer that will help us accelerate Stripe’s growth within the startups segment and who will be the product marketing lead for our scaled persona campaign for tech company founders. With a rich understanding of startup customers, you’ll build the core narratives and messaging for this audience, working with our field marketing and demand generation teams to amplify Stripe’s solutions in the market, empowering our sales team with materials to deliver both inbound and outbound motions. This role will also partner heavily with teams across the product suite to ensure the voice of our startup customers are represented in their roadmaps and so we can package those products into offerings that fit the unique needs of tech company founders.
- Scope and execute the marketing strategies needed to reach the audience of startups and their founders: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our research team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your audience area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop differentiated audience positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Build content for sales teams and marketing teams to amplify in the field, including decks, webinars, guides and demos.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, research and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Stripe—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors, and pricing accordingly
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developers to technical and non-technical founders—and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and working with passionate sales teams, are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborate across the wider Marketing team, PR, product, sales, comms and basically with every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Optionally, knowledgeable about payments. You have an understanding of the network of partners and stakeholders in the payments ecosystem, and are excited about telling the story of how Stripe’s platform is differentiated within this space
- 7+ years of work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 3+ years specifically in marketing or go-to-market experience
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product’s lifecycle
- You have extensive experience in working with startups and understand how to best position products and solutions to their founders, owners and influencers
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams
- Experience in the fintech space working closely with product development, sales, and partnership teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.