Senior/Lead Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
Hume AI is an AI startup building the missing ingredients needed to understand and generate the 50% of communication that AI currently overlooks—speech prosody, vocal bursts, facial expression, and tone of language—which, combined with large language models, will determine how people experience the future of AI. In particular, our goal is to enable a future where technology draws on the science of human expression to better serve human goals and emotional well-being. We provide our APIs and SDKs to researchers and developers building better healthcare solutions, digital assistants, communication tools, and more. As part of our mission, we conduct groundbreaking scientific research, publish in leading scientific journals like Nature, and support a non-profit, The Hume Initiative, that has released the first concrete ethical guidelines for empathic AI (www.thehumeinitiative.org). You can learn more about us on our website (https://hume.ai/) and read about us in The Washington Post.
- Work with cutting-edge AI technology and learn from leading AI researchers at the forefront of affective computing.
- Build strong relationships with the broader developer community—ranging from individual contributors to CTOs, from Fortune 500 companies to promising startups—who are building our technology into AI-first products in multiple industries (healthcare, social networks, digital assistants, and more).
- Collect feedback and collaborate with our ML engineering and frontend teams to ensure that we continue to design and build the features that developers need to build revolutionary products and services.
- Foster a thriving ecosystem around our technology by putting together materials (code libraries, documentation), participating in community forums, and helping bring new features to market.
- Over time, build and manage a team of Developer Relations Engineers.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in developer relations, technical evangelism, or a similar role
- Strong technical background, including experience with at least one programming language and knowledge of software development processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with developers and other technical communities
- Experience managing direct reports, including setting goals, providing guidance, and evaluating performance
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and driving adoption of products and services within the developer community
- Strong understanding of the latest trends and insights within the developer community, including emerging technologies and platforms
Your application has been successfully submitted.