Senior Developer Advocate, Auth0
About the Job
Auth0 by Okta secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world – and we're growing fast! To help drive this growth, our Product-Led Growth team’s mission is to become the customer identity and access management (CIAM) provider of choice for developers in small companies, startups, and nonprofits. A key part of this mission is to engage with developer communities, educate them about Auth0, and help them begin using our product.
This role is our first Developer Advocate hire for the Product-Led Growth team. As a Developer Advocate, your job is to empower developers to innovate and secure their applications with our Customer Identity solutions. You will lead workshops, help create educational materials, and support developers in finding the best ways to implement Auth0. You’re a great match if you have the rare combination of technical savvy and business acumen, and you’re looking for a position where you can utilize both while innovating Developer Advocate at Okta.
Locations: Washington; California; Texas; Colorado; Illinois; Georgia; Virginia
- Teach developers at startups and nonprofits about identity, access management, and cybersecurity.
- Work with our marketing team to create new and expand existing developer materials for our audience, including demos, videos, workshops, tutorials, white papers, conference presentations, and webinars for a non-technical audience.
- Provide general technical guidance for startup and nonprofit customers and prospects.
- Maintain a broad technical understanding of the Okta Customer Identity Cloud and the underlying technologies and protocols. You do not need to have a deep technical expertise on each product.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Technical background or good understanding of Application Development and IT operations; familiarity with Identity and Authentication Management software, credentialing, and cybersecurity concepts a plus.
- Hands-on technical experience deploying, configuring, or implementing software tools and products.
- You find joy in serving the developer community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs, with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
We’d be incredibly excited if you have:
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate, Developer Evangelist, Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer, Technical Customer Success Manager, or Technical Account Manager
- Experience with at least one authentication or authorization protocol (OAuth, OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, LDAP)
- Understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Experience building web, mobile, and IoT applications, incorporating both front and back end languages/frameworks
- Experience working with API architectures/technologies like REST and GraphQL. This includes the ability to use the dev tools in a browser to explain HTTP traffic and an HTTP client (like curl or Postman) to interact with an HTTP service
- Experience running code sprints or technology workshops
- Experience working with the startup and/or nonprofit sector(s)
Travel requirement: Minimal required travel, on average one trip per quarter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.