Software Engineer, Developer Relations
About the Job
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Epic Games Japan is looking for a Software Engineer to support developers using the Unreal Engine in Japan. You will answer questions in our private forum, engage in technical discussions, and sometimes check clients’ Unreal Engine projects directly. The ideal candidate will have experience with Unreal Engine and a passion for helping people through the highest standards of support.
- Answer technical questions related to Unreal Engine from our licensees on our private forum.
- Have technical meetings and discussions with Unreal Engine developers.
- Give presentations on Unreal Engine at tech conferences in Japan.
- Provide Unreal Engine training for professional developers and community users.
- Write and share tech articles or blogs with Unreal Engine developers.
Skills & Experience
- Vast experience in Unreal Engine.
- Strong technical skills with a deep understanding of Engine internals and the ability to debug and profile any project.
- Native level Japanese and professional English skills.
- Presentation and communication skills to explain technical agendas in an easy-to-understand manner.
- A team player who is both cooperative and self-motivated.
- People who are willing to learn new things and discover problems on their own.
- Previous experience in Technical Support is desirable.
- We pay 100% for applicable benefits for both employees (EEs) and dependents (deps).
- Our current benefits package includes life insurance, LTD, supplemental medical and accident insurance.
- We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games