Developer Advocate - Open Source
About the Job
The Epsagon team, now part of Cisco's Emerging Technologies and Incubation group, is building a new Open-Source Tracing solution that will help developers and DevOps store, index, and visualize their OpenTelemetry tracing data at scale. We are looking for the right person to build and lead Developer Relations as a critical bridge between Product, Engineering, Marketing, and our community.
Multiple Locations Available:
- New York, New York, US
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Build and nurture a community where people can learn about the impact Observability can have on their teams, our product, and how they can influence it.
- Identify the best channels and engage with our users (e.g., Github, discussion forums, technical demos, events, social media or direct feedback sessions) to build a positive relationship between the developer community and our product and engineering teams, enabling us to build the best solution possible.
- Build and publish engaging content — construct helpful examples and guides, ensure documentation meets the community needs, create engaging and educating blog posts, and share excellent community-created content alongside curated case studies.
- Participate in discussions with the technical staff of all levels (from individual contributors to executives) to encourage user adoption and viral growth and influence our product roadmap with feedback from the community.
- Develop and execute comprehensive launch plans for major releases and updates to our product — understanding the scope of changes, working with developers to assess impact, constructing a timeline for rollout, and developing a process to guide the community through the changes.
Skills & Experience
- You have a solid technical background, with previous experience in distributed systems and observability solutions.
- You have a strong presence in the developer community.
- You are an exceptional external communicator, adept at collaborating with partners and large audiences.
- You have experience in rallying internal stakeholders and project managing on a deadline. In particular, you've partnered with engineering teams to deliver anticipated products.
- You are creative and have an informed interest in marketing and business opportunities that the Open Source Product will build for Cisco.
- You are a skilled community leader — you're at your best when informing and engaging large communities, so they gain members and momentum over time.
- You are ready to own a program end-to-end and build an organization that will grow as a pillar of the company.
- You have experience working on Open-Source products.
- Experience owning and editing technical documentation.
- Experience developing tutorial materials (e.g., self-guided tutorials, videos, knowledge bases) to onboard and educate users.
- Professional experience working as a software engineer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.