FedNow Summer Intern - Developer Relations
About the Job
As an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.This job is eligible for a remote schedule.
This position is part of the Bank's Internship/ Co-op Program which is offered to students who are currently enrolled in graduate and undergraduate studies.. This Program identifies talented and qualified candidates who could potentially fill professional job openings in the Bank.
All applicants must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) years.
FedNow is exploring offering a Developer Center, a centralized platform where the technical community can access information and resources that will facilitate their FedNow implementation. One of our longer-term features under consideration is the creation of an online developer community where participants can collaborate with one another on topics. This community will provide an online forum where participants can share knowledge, learn something new, and resolve problems together. In addition, it will provide FedNow with a channel in which we can collaborate with the technical community directly.
The FedNow product team is seeking an intern who can help shape the developer community product strategy. The developer relations product summer intern will:
- Research practices and capabilities offered by best-in-class working models of developer communities across various industries
- Assess which capabilities FedNow should consider for our developer community
- Assess feasibility of emerging technologies that may drive FedNow’s adoption and usage of the developer community
- Present analysis and recommendations to the FedNow product team
- Assess internal processes that need to be established to support the day-to-day activities of the developer community (e.g., legal, product, tech, operations)
- Shadow and assist product owner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Structured thinking: ability to take general direction to formulate a well thought out plan
- Self Driven: ability to proactively and independently research information
- Strategic: ability to take disparate pieces of information from research and pull it together to formulate a cohesive strategy relevant for FedNow
- Articulate: ability to take complex concepts and explain clearly to working groups and leadership
- Nice to have: interest in technology and developing products; curious mindset in understanding how things work
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Public Service that Makes a Difference