Director of Developer Relations
About the Job
Zilliz is a fast-growing startup developing the industry’s leading vector database company for enterprise-grade AI. Founded by the engineers behind Milvus, the world’s most popular open-source vector database, the company builds next-generation database technologies to help organizations quickly create AI applications. On a mission to democratize AI, Zilliz is committed to simplifying data management for AI applications and making vector databases accessible to every organization.
As the head of developer relations, you’ll play a critical role in building and maintaining the relationship between software developers and open-source communities. As a passionate advocate of the open-source projects that Zilliz contributes to, you’ll drive awareness, adoption, and engagement through an active community participation strategy.
- Create excellent relationships with open source committers, contributors, software developers, product managers, and designers
- Build and establish our developer relations program and help grow the Milvus and Towhee open-source communities
- Hire and lead a fast-growing team to create developer content, including demos, presentations, learning modules, webinars, and video
- Partner with our product and engineering teams to help build requested and new product features
- Plan and measure the impact of Developer Relations and Community Programs
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of technical experience as a software engineer, developer advocate, developer programs engineer, technical product manager, or equivalent role
- Experience with open-source technologies, big data, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Understanding of best practices within developer communities, platforms, groups, and initiatives
- Ability to engage with developers, product managers, designers, and executives
- Experience giving technical presentations, talks, and fireside chats at events and conferences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive compensation (cash + equity)
- Regular bonus and equity refresh opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, and global wellbeing days
- Generous 401(k) and regional retirement plans
- Hybrid work model and remote work opportunities available
Your application has been successfully submitted.