Senior Developer Advocate
About the Job
With the explosive growth of data and the accelerated movement to digitization, data has become the lifeblood of businesses. But these businesses are unable to build delightful data-driven experiences fast enough. The real-time data infrastructure with all its complexity stands in the way.
This is why we are on a mission to build a zero-ops open-source real-time developer data platform that makes building modern data-driven apps a breeze.
We are fully committed to open-source and embrace the open exchange of information, collaborative development and transparency.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could join us in our journey early-on and help shape the future of data infrastructure?
At Tigris Data our Developer Experience team is tasked with building awareness and adoption of Tigris database platform.
As a Senior Developer Advocate you will be focused on three areas - Code, Content and Community. Your will engage with the open-source developer community and create content to help developers learn about Tigris and guide their plans for adoption. You will identify areas to engage the community, amplify the materials and resources you create, and identify areas of improvement in our public content.
- Create educational content for developers on how to make the most of the features and functionalities of Tigris. Content will includes documentation, blog posts, technical presentations, workshops, and videos
- Create production ready sample applications to get developers excited about Tigris
- Create videos and take advantage of other digital channels such as Twitch and YouTube Live to educate and engage developers
- Identify the relevant communities across different popular platforms such as Discord, Reddit, Slack, and others to engage with the developers and create the brand presence
- Participate in meetups, conferences and other developer centric events to become a thought leader in your community
- Work with developers at startups and accelerators in helping them leverage Tigris to succeed
- Be self-sufficient and self-guided: we’re a seed stage startup that needs to move quickly so whilst we love to collaborate we also need to get stuff done
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in a developer relations, developer experience, or community role
- 2+ years experience in an hands-on coding role building data-driven applications and utilizing open source databases
- Expertise in modern application development constructs - Serverless, FaaS and BaaS technologies
- Experience working with developers and building community following on social media
- Have helped teach other developers by producing live streams, creating video content, by speaking at user groups/conferences, mentoring, or through “face to face” channels
- You get satisfaction from bringing diverse groups of people together with patience and empathy
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Healthcare Packages (where possible, where we can’t directly provide a package we will provide additional compensation)
- Flexible working style - 100% work-from-anywhere
- Unlimited PTO - take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A code-first developer data platform that enables you to build rich applications that perform consistently at any scale