Growth Marketing Manager
About the Job
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB has been named one of the best places to work by Crain’s New York, Glassdoor, and Forbes.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York City for our hybrid working model.
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a Growth Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs to engage our developers throughout their workload journey and strengthen relationships to help with acquisition and expansion motions. In this role, you have expertise in acquiring new leads, optimizing registration flows, and retargeting methodologies. You are obsessed with customer success and advocate for them as much as you work to accelerate their journey on the MongoDB developer data platform.
You have a solid knowledge of customer journey, registration flow, in- and out-of-product experiments, and alignment cross-functionally. You also have experience in marketing to developers to drive early-stage planning all the way through to cross-functional execution. You possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
This is a highly visible role that requires a change agent with natural leadership skills and the ability to work across multiple teams with members at different levels. You are adept at thinking strategically and tactically to get things done by collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Digital Acquisition, Web, Product Marketing, Product Management, Partner Marketing, Analytics, and Developer Relations.
We are looking for an individual who is a problem solver, detail-oriented, collaborative, creative, data-driven, strategic, organized, and a trusted partner.
- Partnering closely with the Product teams to create digital experiences for our customers to continue expanding their workload journey easily and successfully
- Defining and executing marketing plans with the rest of the Growth Marketing team to acquire new customers and keep project timelines updated and clear across all stakeholders
- Perform strategic product, market, and customer analyses to identify new growth drivers or opportunities for improvement
- Continuously optimize programs and channels through experiments and A/B tests
- Collaborate closely with the product team to optimize user journey continuously
- Uncover and leverage new emerging channels and opportunities to accelerate growth and workload expansion
- Monitor, analyze, and report KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives reach revenue objectives
- Working collaboratively with our product marketing and product team to align messaging and understand relevant product launches and moments to roll into each customer program or campaign
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of B2D or B2B experience in growth marketing. Product-led growth and/or retention marketing experience desired
- Drive to provide the best possible experience to our customers and users
- Deep understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Understanding of and appreciation for the big picture (market, customers, company) but also the details to successfully scale programs
- Passion to objectively measure your efforts and only make decisions based on data
- A collaborative mindset - you love working with others and incorporating relevant feedback
- An owner mentality - you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get them to completion
- Flexibility and adaptability - you enjoy working in ambiguity. You are calm and effective under pressure and able to pivot quickly. You excel at task prioritization and proper evaluation of situational urgency
- Focus and drive - you know what matters and apply yourself with gusto, continuously exploring how much faster you can learn and execute
- Experience or have a working knowledge of product-led growth processes and KPIs
- Strong writing skills and the ability to storyboard campaign themes and messages to develop compelling campaigns to bring to market
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ well-being and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
Your application has been successfully submitted.