Director of Developer Education and Product Experience
About the Job
Unusual Ventures is a venture capital firm that is raising the bar on what an early-stage investor can provide. We built Unusual Ventures with innovation at the core of our engagement model. We believe our diverse team, investors and fresh approach all have a unique impact on the outcomes of our fund. We went back to first principles to create a firm that would not only invest in and assist the best companies, but also provide a platform that enables entrepreneurs to reach their ultimate potential as leaders and people.
At Unusual Ventures, we take a hands-on approach to working with portfolio companies. In this role you will collaborate with founders of enterprise software companies to create and execute their developer education strategy. You will help produce getting started guides, tutorial videos, and feature documentation necessary to drive awareness and adoption of new products.
You will also consult with product managers and engineering teams about the user experience for their products, helping them shape the experience to support product-led growth.
As a Director on the Founder Services team, you will help define and maintain our program of services for developer education and product experience, including process and the package of deliverables for these offerings.
- Develop rapport with founders and their teams
- Assess enterprise software products and their audiences to identify target learning outcomes
- Develop sandbox data sets and software configurations to support getting started experiences
- Create text-based installation and getting started guides
- Create text-based and video-based use-case tutorials
- Develop self-paced course modules for portfolio company users and customers
- Provide thought leadership within Unusual Ventures and our portfolio on developer education and product experience
Skills & Experience
- Love to be continuously learning and can pick up new technical concepts quickly
- Have demonstrated experience creating engaging learning resources
- Have experience using backward design techniques to quickly break down a learning standard into a comprehensive set of actionable learning objectives
- Are an effective mentor and leader and have experience guiding technical teams in developer education projects
- Have experience developing tutorials and technical documentation
- Are well-versed in working with technical teams to advocate for the user experience and shape product direction.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Seed Stage Venture Capital