Senior Developer Advocate, Workforce Identity
About the Job
Okta’s Workforce Identity products are the foundation for enabling customers to increase internal and external collaboration by providing friction-free and secure access to on-prem and cloud apps from anywhere and any device; for improving IT agility by simplifying identity management and saving time on cumbersome processes such as employee/partner/vendor onboarding and password-resets; and for strengthening security by reducing the risk of identity-centric cybersecurity attacks. The Workforce Identity developer advocacy team’s goal is to turn developers all over the world who build with Okta into Okta champions by proactively enabling their success.
As a Senior Developer Advocate for Workforce Identity, you represent Okta to external developers. You will establish relationships primarily with developers already using Okta or in the process of onboarding. You will craft resources to help them build with Okta, including sample apps, videos, technical guides, and workshops. You will engage with our customers and 3rd party integrator community, championing their interests, accelerating their development, and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
- Engage online developer communities (forums, social networks) to improve affinity toward Okta and grow members of Workforce Developer Community.
- Capture and drive feedback to respective product teams
- Utilize your “developer zero” mindset to test product usage scenarios
- Create compelling content such as blogs, tutorials, videos
- Support / enhance developer documentation
- Establish thought leadership in identity with developers at events
- Collaboration with DevRel team focused on Customer Identity
Skills & Experience
- You have 5+ years of experience as a developer - a plus if you have any experience in developer relations.
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Server-side development (.NET or Java) a plus
- You not only enjoy creating developer content, you are eager to share your findings with other developers, whether online or at in-person events
- Great verbal and written communication skills. Able to adjust your message for different audiences
- Deep understanding of developer communities and forums of which you are actively engaged
- You are self-driven, work well remotely, while maintaining strong visibility internally and to external developer communities
- You are known to be a strong contributor and a collaborator who takes initiative
- You are passionate about developer topics, and enjoy helping others solve problems
- You are always learning and curious, keeping up to date with developer trends - a plus if you are a trendsetter yourself
- Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
- In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
- To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
- The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between: $135,000—$196,000 USD
- The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $149,000—$216,000 USD
Your application has been successfully submitted.