Customer and Partner Education Lead
About the Job
At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
As Customer & Partner Education Lead, enabling customers and partners to be successful at every step in their journey is at the core of what you love to do. You’re excited by the prospect of building from the ground up, designing and implementing education programs that drive product adoption, strengthen customer retention and reduce support/implementation costs. You are motivated to help transform more Retool customers into expert builders and evangelists within their organizations.
- Own the strategy for customer and partner education at Retool, thinking critically about these questions:
- What are the prerequisite skills new Retool users need to be successful quickly?
- How and when can educational content support customers and partners across various points in the customer journey?
- What is the right learning modality for different types of customers/partners based on their specific learning goals?
- How do we customize learning paths for different Retool personas (e.g. expert builders in engineering teams, novice builders in data/analyst/product/operations teams, and implementation partners)?
- How can we enable customers to be self-sufficient quickly? Partners to be consistently able to implement use cases for Retool’s customers with a high degree of success?
- How can we enable Retool employees and new hires to understand our full product offering so that they can effectively describe and utilize our product capabilities in their day-to-day work?
- Evaluate existing needs (content, systems, integrations, tools, etc), design, build, and deliver Retool education programs (including, but not limited to the following modalities: instructor-led, on-demand, train-the-trainer for internal Customer Success teams)
- Align cross-functionally with EPD, Product Marketing, Developer Experience, Customer Success, Sales, Partner, Revenue Operations teams to ensure education programs reflect new feature releases and product launches in a timely manner
- Define, assess, and regularly communicate the success criteria, metrics, and progress for your programs
- Support Retool onboarding and ongoing training for new GTM (Sales/Success/Marketing) employees (20% time)
Skills & Experience
- You bring 5+ years of experience working in B2B SaaS in one or more of these roles: Customer Education, Customer/Sales/Field Engineering, Partner Enablement, Product Marketing, Developer Relations/Experience.
- Presence & credibility - able to win the trust of our core developer customer personas in ILT (instructor-led trainings) and via self-serve/on-demand instruction (customer-facing experience engaging a technical audience is a plus)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills - able to break down complex, technical concepts into simple, digestible pieces for bite-sized, interactive learning
- Critical thinker and problem solver - comfortable leveraging data to drive decisions, challenge assumptions, and effectively prioritize
- Strong project/program management experience - able to take complex, large-scale projects from idea to scoping, stakeholder alignment, execution, launch, adoption, and reinforcement
- Well-versed in adult learning theories and training evaluation concepts (e.g. Kirkpatrick model, Bloom’s Taxonomy) and can consult internal stakeholders on best learning delivery format/experience given specific learning goals (e.g. develop a strong Train-the-Trainer program)
- Familiarity with LMS (i.e. WorkRamp) and content authoring / editing tools (e.g. Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc)
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to technology/product changes, new initiatives
How you work:
- You’re a team player who can be a strong partner to teams across GTM & EPD.
- You have a passion for enabling the “a ha” moments in customers and partners.
- You have a strong understanding of the needs of our customers and you’re driven by the opportunity to influence critical company metrics (customer retention & scalable growth).
Your application has been successfully submitted.