About the Job
If you are looking to be a part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and building a strong developer community, then come join us! Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) that provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is also backed by top VC firms and has a team of professionals from other successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
Temporal is a product by developers, for developers. Our success so far is largely due to our already thriving and diverse community. We believe that investing in, nurturing and growing with our community will only become more important as our product and business mature. Community is not an afterthought at Temporal, we would literally not exist if the developer community had not shown such strong support.
The Community Leader will be Temporal’s representative and bridge between our company, Developer Relations and our open source users.
- Work closely with the Developer Relations leader to create and deploy community programs
- Spearhead Champions program, end-to-end, with strategy and KPIs
- Drive growth in community membership and activity by identifying trends, opportunities, and gaps through measurement, monitoring, and comprehensive reporting on community metrics and KPI’s
- Oversee the day-to-day of the Temporal community: moderating and contributing to discussions, addressing community escalations, and iterating on workflows and processes
- Initiate, run, and expand our digital community events (including our Monthly Meetup) around the globe
- Work with our Marketing events team to ensure roaming meetups are completed end-to-end; including outreach to the community, staffing from our team and from an external speaker, and general logistics
- Work with the team to automate key processes and workflows around community management to do what matters most - enabling our users
Skills & Experience
- Value kindness, encouragement of others, honesty, clear feedback, and collaboration
- Organized and communicative in the name of ensuring alignment in an async environment
- Assume best intentions from teammates and listen, learn, build, iterate, and grow together
- Thrives on coming into an environment that is a bit chaotic and bringing together peace
What you bring to us:
- You align with our values of Reliability, Developer Experience and First Principles Thinking
- You are an exceptional communicator and enjoy connecting with people through the medium that makes them the most comfortable
- You have helped build a technical community
- You have a passion for connecting and enabling technical people
- You care about creating a diverse and inclusive professional space for beginners and experts alike
- You have built multiple community programs from scratch
- You have experience planning and running live events and hybrid ones
- You have experience with social media and influencer relations
- You write amazingly detailed documentation
- You have previously been part of a CAB program
- You have worked with Zapier or creating community bots
The successful candidate's starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge 'standard' thinking, and want to influence our future.
- 100% coverage of premiums for you and your dependents for Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- AD&D, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance (both standard and supplemental)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office stipend ($1,000/yr) to make your working space comfortable.
- Monthly wellness allowance to help you stay happy and healthy.
- Collaborative, productive, and fun team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Build invincible apps