About the Job
We are a venture-backed tech startup in hyper growth phase. Our headquarters are in San Francisco (Salesforce Tower) but our team is distributed across 8 timezones and we have a remote-first work culture similar to GitLab, Zapier or Stripe.
We are hiring a Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team. This role will have a strong focus on writing content like technical tutorials and blog posts. Expect to spend at least fifty percent of your time writing. But there will be time to participate in other activities, like making videos, streaming, speaking at events, and interacting with the community in other ways.
Our open source tool vcluster has become very popular in the Kubernetes space, and we recently donated DevSpace, the developer workflow tool we created, to the CNCF. We sponsor and attend KubeCon North America and KubeCon Europe, as well as other events. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in the Kubernetes community, one of the best open source communities around.
We are a small team with a lot of autonomy, and we have plenty of exciting things coming up. This team member will report to our Staff Developer Advocate, Rich Burroughs.
Skills & Experience
- Kubernetes experience: You don’t need to be a Kubernetes expert, but you need more practical experience than running a few kubectl commands. You should have at least a high-level understanding of concepts like Deployments, RBAC, and YAML, for example. There is also the opportunity for education to deepen your Kubernetes knowledge.
- Experience with other cloud native tools: Some writing topics will involve using our product or open source projects combined with other tools in the cloud native space. Again, you don’t need to be an expert on these tools, but some knowledge of the cloud native space is required.
- Technical writing background: Whether it’s been writing blog posts, technical tutorials, or documentation, you should be comfortable with technical writing.
- Interest in learning: Sometimes you’ll be writing and working with tools you aren’t familiar with. This role will be a great opportunity to learn more about the cloud native ecosystem.
- Collaboration: We are a very collaborative team, and we also work with other teams in the company, from Engineering to Design and Sales. We also interface with customers and the community.
- Good to have: Presence on Medium/Twitter/Substack/reddit
- Competitive Salary: We tend to pay higher wages than other startups.
- Platinum-Level Insurance: Health, dental, vision, and life Insurance including plans for you and eligible dependents (benefits vary depending on country)
- Flexible Working Schedule: You have a doctor’s appointment or need to head to the supermarket to get groceries at 2pm? We won’t have an issue with that. To us, results matter more than clocking in and out at the same time every day.
- Workplace Flexibility: If you want to work from home, that’s great! If you’d prefer to work in a coworking space, we can make that happen as well. If you want to relocate to our HQ in San Francisco, let’s discuss that. We’re flexible on all of this and we know things can change in life and we’re happy to adjust the work environment for you along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.