Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
As a Developer Relations Engineer you will play a critical role in supporting the product roll out and product/developer support we will offer.
We're looking for Engineers who can win the hearts and minds of Developer and Crypto communities by delivering value through developer relations, developer tools, and technical support on our platform and rapid ecosystem growth. You must be a deeply technical storyteller who enjoys connecting with other technical practitioners and influencers and helping them elevate their craft.
- Creating and executing plans and processes to improve developer experience
- Supporting scaling and curating developer tools
- Unblocking developers facing technical questions and issues
- Pushing out content targeted towards platform developers, including technical blog posts on new features, platform design, issues, and upgrades
- Engaging our developer community on Twitter, Discord, Discourse, Stackoverflow, and Github
- Supporting our courses and educational materials
- Improving and maintaining documentation so it’s accessible to developers at all levels
- Leading a voice of the customer program to ensure we bring feedback from technical customers back into our product roadmap
- Cooperating with Marketing and Business Development leads to improve developer-facing product positioning and communications
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a direct, hands-on technical community or end-user focused role such as developer relations, developer advocacy, engineering support and technical support or 5+ years of experience as a software developer or engineer
- Proven experience of supporting a technical community where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes
- An established presence online as a thinker & leader in this space is a massive plus
- Crypto experience, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s is a plus
- Strong vision for where the industry is going, and stay on top of new technologies and stacks
- Deep familiarity building developer portals and roadmap activity
- Excellent communication skills as a strong technical writer
- At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
- Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
- We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Scaling Ethereum with Zero Knowledge Proofs