About the Job
NetFoundry initiated and is the primary maintainer of the world’s most used open source zero trust networking platform, OpenZiti. NetFoundry also offers CloudZiti, a fully hosted zero trust NaaS service.
NetFoundry is hiring a Developer Advocate to introduce development communities to OpenZiti, help developers use the platform to embed zero trust networking in their apps and solutions, and learn from developers. This is an opportunity to get in early, and work with our existing team to expand our developer advocacy, community growth and developer support. This is a remote role.
- You’ll introduce developers and development communities to OpenZiti. Identifying specific dev communities and use cases in which OpenZiti is most relevant is critical. You’ll help build messaging, scripts and digital campaigns to aid in introduction and communication. This can include writing documentation & tutorials, organising developer events and managing digital campaigns.
- You’ll help developers use the platform to embed zero trust networking into their apps and solutions. This can include 1:1 help, answering questions, your own testing of different scenarios, providing feedback to the OpenZiti dev team, giving tech talks and recording video tutorials.
- You’ll learn from development communities and discuss the learnings with the OpenZiti dev team to help shape the OpenZiti roadmap.
Skills & Experience
We’re seeking someone with experience and passion for developer support, preferably with interests and skills in security and networking. The following is helpful:
- 2+ years of developer advocacy, DevRel, community building or developer support experience
- Software development skills to help OpenZiti developers, contribute to OpenZiti docs and Zitify your own applications
- Ability to work across virtual and physical communities to find and engage developers who can benefit from using the OpenZiti platform to embed zero trust networking into their apps
- Great learning skills with high empathy – desire and ability to learn the challenges developers face, and determine if OpenZiti can help with those challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with capability to teach others of what you learn
- Technical understanding of networking and security
- Resourceful – you can run through walls to find a way to achieve your goals, and you help build the map as you go
- Remote work environment with flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with expanded well-being benefits
- Employer Paid Life
- Employer Paid AD&D
- Employer Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Learning and development budget
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spin Up Your Network