Business Analyst, Cisco Developer Relations
About the Job
We are looking for an Analyst who will be comfortable working closely with different parts of the Developer Relations team but also dealing with sophisticated numerical analysis. A successful candidate will become an integral part of our business planning and play a key role in helping various stakeholders to analyze their data and provide options on strategic direction. Having a comprehensive understanding of their business and how insights can influence decisions will be critical.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering and Strategy, you will play a highly visible and key role in evaluating the core aspects of our business. You will create data measurement, analyze, and inform the team on how we can improve our business. You will be responsible for every step in the analytic process. You will create efficiency through standardization and automation.
- Work closely with leaders and domain experts across the organization to determine the scope and breadth of the business question at hand
- Decide what data is needed
- Capture and structure that data using data pipelines
- Perform the appropriate analysis
- Perform analysis on critical issue data, identify trends, and present observations and recommendations to senior leadership
- Work with the business to implement the necessary changes
- Help design the reporting needed to track the results, looking for ways to automate
- Improve operational effectiveness and efficiency through detailed analysis based on internal data
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
Skills & Experience
You should be intellectually curious about how everything ties together to run our business and be a self-starter with a solid sense of initiative. A great Business Analyst is passionate about digging into the data and making recommendations to have a positive impact.
- Critical thinking and business skills, with ability to understand key drivers that contribute to business success.
- Ability to interpret and analyze small to moderate size datasets and create analytic reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Solid Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.) and PowerPoint skills
- Basic SQL/SAS skills for reporting or experience with similar programming language (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience using Power BI, Tableau or other comparable tools to create visual data presentations
- Knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse principles
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Self-motivated and directed while a positive, great teammate and problem-solver
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytics role or related field
- Ability to articulate how data drives business outcomes with real examples
Your application has been successfully submitted.