Senior API Engineer, Developer Relations (Skilled Communicator)
About the Job
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
The API Engineering team at 8x8 is hiring! (Remote OK) — the API Engineering team focuses on building the tooling and infrastructure for building, deploying and maintaining APIs.
- Help build and define the future of APIs at 8x8.
- You'll work on the API developer experience. Creating and designing patterns for building APIs, deploying them, and reducing friction wherever possible.
- You'll be directly involved in making decisions that impact all developers at 8x8
- Write code, build examples, and help engineering teams deploy their APIs.
- Work with Apigee and Kong.
- Help build and drive automation to build a world class API development experience at 8x8.
- Help mentor other engineers at 8x8
Skills & Experience
- You're an engineer with 5+ years in enterprise software engineering developing high quality software. (We're flexible for talented individuals with experience)
- You're passionate about API design and the 0-200 experience (https://0to200.com).
- You seek ways to reduce friction for developers.
- You have experience with Kong and writing Kong Plugins or with Apigee flows
- You believe developer experience is of high importance.
- You have an ability to execute efficiently and are an effective communicator.
- You don't need to be told what to do, you work asynchronously, and can handle operating autonomously.
- You're open to feedback and love improving.
- You've worked with Kong or Apigee in the past. Extra bonus if you've developed plugins/shared flows.
- You've built APIs with Java using Spring
You should include these in your application:
- We want to get to know you! Do you have a blog, website, or a project you're proud of? Include it! We'd love to check it out.
- A bit about yourself.
- Sample code if you've got it!
Your application has been successfully submitted.