API Developer Relations
About the Job
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Verizon is undergoing a transformation from a telecommunications company to a technology company, and we are in search of the next generation of leadersto help us drive forward. An important piece of this initiative is transformation to an API-first approach. With products at different stages of this journey—monolithic, API-last, API-first—we need a teamwho can help set the right culture, process for this transformation.
Business capability describes the entire suite of business capabilities composing your business. The business capability model defines the problem space for every API an organization would build.
As an API Developer Relations, the person will be responsible for:
- Mentoring and coaching team on API-first best practices and skills.
- Defining how a world class API team operates and drives business impact.
- Driving the editorial calendar and support the team’s creation of engaging content around Verizon’s open-source engagements and products.
- Engaging with developers and participate in developer forums; create samples, guides, tutorials, and blogs to ensure an excellent experience, both for internal and external developers.
- Working closely with partners and open-source communities, such as CNCF, GraphQL Foundation, to coordinate marketing collateral and initiatives.
- Acting as the voice of developers and Verizon’s customers in creating and operationalizing world-class SaaS platforms.
- Helping improve our products by providing feedback on API design, platform usability, and functionality.
- Participating in and grow the communities around Verizon’s involvement in open source.
- Building strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including commercial, engineering, marketing, sales, and services.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
Skills & Experience
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in developer advocacy and evangelism.
- Two or more years in team leadership experience.
- Experience in developing and improving mobile applications.
- Experience in creating, marketing, and editing various forms of technical content that resonates with developers.
- Experience with and a solid understanding of the cloud-native ecosystem, developer tools, and APIs.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master of Business Administration.
- Have been a representative for your organizations at conferences to internal seminars.
- Experience interacting with varied audiences – C-suite level to developers to senior executives.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Your application has been successfully submitted.