Data Analyst, Developer Relations
About the Job
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Data Analyst, Developer Relations
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our team of Developer Advocates and help us make a bigger impact by leveraging the data available to us to create awareness and drive our focus. We create integration examples, demos, blog posts, video tutorials showing how to integrate with Adyen. We teach, we share and we get the Techies excited!
As a Data Analyst, we would love you to join and help us make sure we produce the most relevant content, use data to measure our impact and the direction to go, and help shape our strategy. One of our roles is also to help make sure our merchants' experience is as smooth as possible, and you will help us there by measuring the friction we bring up to help sort priorities.
This is a very dynamic role, in which we not only ask you to crunch through numbers, but offer suggestions, decide on a strategy with us and have a vision on the product. You will be building dashboards, insights, but also help us make business decisions. You will be a core pillar of our team in the long term.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Typical things we expect you to pick up are:
- Find creative ways to measure the impact of our work.
- Find ways to measure the friction our developers are going through and make it visible.
- Help us concentrate on the most important topics by making them visible.
- Help measure overall Developer Experience, across many of our systems (from sales, to support, and documentation).
Skills & Experience
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Have a strong interest, past experience or expertise in Developer Experience and / or Developer Relations/Advocacy.
- Love a dynamic environment where you have lots of autonomy and have to decide on the most important tasks at hand.
- Work as a team where we challenge and support each other to move forward every day.
What you can do:
- Proficient in writing advanced SQL queries.
- Experience with dashboard tools, such as Grafana, to show data in the right way.
- Experience with data analysis languages such as Python (preferred), R or Matlab.
- Experience with BI tools, Looker specifically, is a plus.
- Knowledge of data analytics for experimentation is a plus.
We do not list any experience level here, because we would very much welcome people with a couple years experience just as much as very senior folks. We will adapt our expectations for the right person. For this role, we aim for potential, not current knowledge. What that means is that we do encourage you to apply even if you don't have everything listed above. We want to invest in you in the long run, so if your interest for developer relations and developer experience is through the roof, don't hesitate to reach out!
Your application has been successfully submitted.