Director of Developer Marketing and Developer Relations
About the Job
Flox is seeking an experienced developer marketing and relations specialist to join the team. Flox is dedicated to making developers more productive across every stage of the software development life cycle by unleashing the power of Nix. Nix is an open-source package manager that enables developers to manage environments and packages as code. We build SaaS products to help enterprises use Nix to manage development and production environments, build software, and deploy consistently across Mac, Linux, and embedded devices.
- Available Locations: Remote • New York City • San Francisco
- Visa sponsorship: Not Available
- Hiring remotely from: Europe • North America • South America
- Remote work policy: Onsite or remote
- Define the developer marketing strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with the product/devrel team at flox and the community
- Contribute to and execute scaled marketing and education initiatives that target developers and span across the enterprise and open-source community.
- Advocate for the developers during product discussions and evaluating priorities of bugs and feature requests
- Engage with developers on external and owned community platforms while collecting developer feedback and using it to improve the developer experience
- Guide insights-based developer marketing programs and share key results.
- Partner with Developer Advocates, users, and contributors to deliver impactful educational and promotional content on channels including streaming media/video, developer forums, events, groups, and social platforms.
- Direct Flox’s presence in external developer communities.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer or working on products for software engineers
- 3+ years of developer marketing or developer relations
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with Nix
- Professional software engineering experience
- Experience with containers, kubernetes, and/or Docker
- Experience in developer marketing, technical product marketing, or developer advocacy/evangelism.
- Experience developing and executing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels such as forums, e-mail, social, and paid media.
- Experience working with online and in-person developer communities.
- Experience building partnerships across multiple internal cross functional groups and external developers
- Work in and contribute to Nix and the open-source community!
- Work when and where you want to work – Remote/Space/Office
- A unique opportunity to also focus your time to help the open-source community
- The startup upside – stock options
- And none of the regular startup downsides - competitive salary, fully funded startup
- The largest opportunity for personal and professional growth – you will be part of the first team, the core team
- An IT stack that will make your friends jealous – the latest equipment and best productivity tools
Your application has been successfully submitted.