Developer Advocate, DevEdge
About the Job
T-Mobile is looking for a talented, passionate Developer Evangelist and Advocate to drive adoption and community engagement for DevEdge. DevEdge is T-Mobile’s developer enablement program and platform to drive innovation of new products and services leveraging advanced capabilities of T-Mobile’s 5G Network. This is a highly technical role, dedicated to open and honest communication, world-class development, and strong community citizenship.
The Developer Advocate is responsible for the relationship between the T-Mobile DevEdge program and developers. The Advocate will promote standards and good development practices, by actively engaging with developer communities, raising awareness of the company’s developer-centric activities, and guiding and educating those developers that use T-Mobiles DevEdge offerings. You will represent T-Mobile DevEdge at developer conferences, events, hackathons, and with the technical press and bloggers.
The Developer Advocate will be able to leverage their strong technical background and experience in building and shipping complex technical products. You will interact with the most innovative engineers inside and outside of T-Mobile every day. You will write code samples, articles, and tutorials for developers. You will work on projects in a variety of programming languages. And you will also advocate internally for the needs of the developer community.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a high impact team, focused on growing and innovating.
We prefer this role to be based in Bellevue, WA but we are open to a remote work place in the US.
- Build great relationship between T-Mobile in the developer community by championing the UNCARRIER ethos
- Perform and coordinate developer outreach and partnership growth through continuous engagement efforts.
- Represent DevEdge and T-Mobile in developer events and for a such as webinars, meetups, and conferences
- Present technical sessions at conferences, running workshops and hands-on hackathons
- Develop and deliver technical content including blogs, sample codes, tutorials, live streams, webinars, and live speaking sessions T-Mobile and external channels and communities
- Acquire feedback and capture ideas from the developer community and partner with product teams to ensure that DevEdge product and program roadmap meet the needs of the developers
- Partner with product management, engineering and marketing teams to ensure that voice of developer is clearly represented in all internal decision making
- Review, prototype, and innovates on behalf of developers using early internal technical specifications and pre-published/published service documentation
- Establish and execute programs that help increase the awareness and reach of our DevEdge brand
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; Advanced degree preferred
- 7 years of experience developing and shipping technical products
- 7 years of experience leading and scaling community programs, platforms, and tools. Proven success in growing a developer community both in number of members and engagement
- Experience managing and supporting a forum, events, user groups, developer relations preferred
- Project and Program management experience preferred
- Strategic and creative thinking abilities to effectively problem solve, strong leadership and excellent communication skills (verbal and written); Shown high emotional intelligence and ability to empathize with technical audiences, understand their needs, and deliver programs that tackle those needs
- Proven leadership of cross-functional teams, external partners, and sponsor relationships for or on behalf of communities or brands; Ability to encourage and form relationships at scale, both in-person and online, with technical audiences
- Track record of personal engagement in online, technology-focused platforms, social media, forums is required, preferably in a moderator role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to consistently meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills, willingness to accept and provide direction, ability to work independently while remaining a great teammate; Track record of working on something new, when goals are sometimes ambiguous
Your application has been successfully submitted.