Senior Developer Relations (DevRel) Marketing Executive
About the Job
Packt is a global, technical learning publisher with a turnover of £18m and over 400 staff based across the globe, primarily in India and the UK. Principally serving B2C customers worldwide, its major clients include Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle.
We are a leading publisher of technical learning content, able to publish books on new and emerging tech faster than any other publisher in the world. Our mission is to increase the shared value of deep tech knowledge. We are tech content engineers and work with some of the most interesting technical minds and ground-breaking creators on the planet. For more details, see www.packt.com
Title and community marketing are the core part of Packt’s publishing system and ensure that each publication is given the awareness and publicity it needs to become a breakout title. Reporting to the Associate Group Product Manager, the Senior DevRel Marketing Executive is responsible for coordinating between the Author, Operational, and Commercial teams to ensure that our Books are effectively marketed to their target audiences. This will involve ensuring that titles are announced well at least 3 months before publication on core channels and that the author is supported in conducting marketing activities. The Senior DevRel Executive is also a community-centric and community-facing role responsible for outreach and community partnership development to ensure maximum exposure to the right audience for all Packt titles.
What is Developer Relations (DevRel), and how does it contribute to Packt?
DevRel Marketing at Packt involves building authentic relationships with the developer community. The DevRel team is responsible for driving title awareness and visibility through title reviews, influencer marketing, editorial reviews, book forewords, conference sponsorships, and community partnerships.
These relationships enable visibility and awareness of our titles and brand in the community.
The Senior DevRel Executive is responsible for collaborating with community managers, influencers, tech creators, and organisations on outreach initiatives to drive awareness and visibility of titles. The Senior DevRel Executive is responsible for getting the title in front of the target audience through community networks. Building and nurturing relationships are key in this role.
- Ensure that pre-publication copies are distributed to influential community members, websites, and events once a title is uploaded
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders in Commercial, Publishing, and Amazon teams to create and deliver monthly individual title level campaigns on Amazon
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders in Commercial and Publishing teams to coordinate the release of extracted articles with backlinks on developer community websites
Community Outreach and Marketing
- Build relationships with relevant outreach and community websites from the category to feature titles on their site
- Ensure backlinks for all titles on relevant and high-traffic community sites
- Drive first to market, community edition, and imprint title marketing for titles. Ensure we have community networks to facilitate the marketing of these titles.
Mentoring and Training
- Mentor and support new starters in the marketing team
- Support Developer Relations Marketing Manager with training initiatives to ensure the team receives a consistent level of training
- Leading by example by taking on high-priority titles (First to market, Community Editions, and Imprints) and delivering high-level well-rounded title marketing strategies
- Support AGPM by owning the Marketing 360 meeting preparation and coordination for the portfolio
- Support AGPM with the DevRel Executive hiring process
- Support Developer Relations Manager with management of DevRel team processes E.g., Submitting Print book order requests, playbook development
- Manage team weekly updates and distribute to Marketing Management team – Community Initiatives, Reviews Update, Sales Update
- Generate organic brand advocacy for Packt’s Explorer products
Promote Brand Advocacy
- Generate organic brand advocacy for Packt’s Explorer product
Skills & Experience
- You are comfortable using a combination of intuition, experience, and expertise to identify potential problems and can take corrective action quickly
- Out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving skills are a must when a challenge arises
- You will have excellent relationship management skills
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills essential
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good commercial judgment
- Confident and personable
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to hit a deadline
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to cope in a dynamic work environment
You will have access to a range of flexible benefits that are designed to help you make the most of your time with us.
- Bonus scheme
- 5 days working
- Flexible hours: choose how, when and where you work
Helping the world put software to work in new ways, through learning and information services to IT professionals