Developer Advocate - Cloud Native, Open Source
About the Job
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Are you passionate about being at the forefront of cloud-native technologies, APIs, and do you thrive on sharing that passion with others in helping them build world-class products?
As a Developer Advocate at Intuit, you will be a core contributor to our community outreach and spread the word, both internal and external communities, with a focus on Intuit’s open-source projects alongside Intuit platform capabilities, APIs, and our application and service development platforms to help developers and operators create awesome products. You will be an excellent storyteller using various media including blogs, webinars, demos, and documentation.
This role is at the cutting edge of cloud-native, open-source technologies, developer experiences, and API platforms (REST and GraphQL) and you will work closely with product management, developer marketing, technical learning, and engineering teams to evangelize technologies such as Kubernetes, Argo, Istio, public cloud, observability, scalable distributed systems, and AI/MLOps.
The ideal candidate will have technical marketing or evangelism experience with hands-on technology skills, coupled with deep customer empathy and a track record of producing and communicating engaging content.
Job available in multiple locations: Mountain View, California; San Diego, California; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, California; New York, New York.
- Create engaging content around Intuit’s open source engagements and products
- Engage with developers and participate in developer forums; create samples, guides, tutorials, and blogs to ensure an excellent experience, both for internal and external developers
- Work closely with partners and open source communities, such as CNCF, GraphQL Foundation, to coordinate marketing collateral and initiatives
- Contribute to documentation working with the engineering organization
- Be an evangelist for the Intuit development platform, Development Portal, and open source projects both internally and externally by speaking at conferences, meetups, community meetings.
- Be customer-obsessed, acting as the voice of developers and Intuit’s customers in creating and operationalizing world-class SaaS platforms
- Help improve our products by providing feedback on API design, platform usability, and functionality
- Participate in and grow the communities around Intuit’s involvement in open source.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in delivering technical content to developer and DevOps teams
- Hand-on experience with and a solid understanding of the cloud-native ecosystem, developer tools, and APIs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable presenting to large audiences
- Confident in articulating value propositions, yet able to seamlessly drop into technical details when needed
- Able to write sample code in Python or Go; ability to write sample code in React and understanding of web applications
- Good understanding of defining and building SaaS services, products, and infrastructure at scale
- Previous experiences working with open source products and engaging with the community, either internally or externally
- Undergraduate degree required; computer science, electrical engineering, math, science, or a related technical discipline preferred, equivalent professional experience will be considered
To read about benefits please visit: https://www.intuitbenefits.com/
Your application has been successfully submitted.