Growth Marketing Manager
About the Job
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
As the Growth Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing on campaigns that increase awareness and adoption of Optimism. You’ll own surface areas like the Optimism website, landing pages, our newsletter, campaign copy for paid sponsorships, and more. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for driving up metrics like Github commits, TVL, and MAU (monthly active users). This role will collaborate extensively with the broader marketing team as well as developer relations, partnerships, and comms to bring your campaigns to life.
- Build and execute on an end-to-end campaign strategy to drive hype, awareness, and adoption of Optimism
- Deeply understand and empathize with web3 consumers and dapp developers
- Manage and track an annual paid ad spend budget and ROI across channels
- Collaborate with our Head of Communications and content strategists to execute campaigns around product launches and feature releases
- Create and execute on ecosystem growth strategies and campaigns, working closely with Developer Relations to bring engaging campaigns to life
- Ideate thought leadership assets and campaigns (Optimism’s first ever book?!) that bring Optimism’s technical prowess and alignment with Ethereum’s roadmap, ethos, and vision to the public eye
Skills & Experience
- A track record of running high impact growth marketing campaigns to technical audiences and consumers
- Curiosity to learn about technical concepts and turn them into powerful campaigns that attracts, converts, and retains consumers and developers
- Crypto, Web 3, and blockchain experience isn’t required, but a passion for learning new technologies and understanding what engages and interests our community is critical
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
Your application has been successfully submitted.