Technical Relations Manager, Software R&D
About the Job
Our Software R&D department develops Pixar’s in-house and open source software. We work very closely with both artists and engineers to build innovative filmmaking tools that enable our film production and continuously extend artistic reach. At Pixar, we are all a part of the storytelling process, and you will have an opportunity to partner with our filmmakers as we make the best movies in the world.
We are looking for a Developer Relations Manager in our Software R&D Department! You'll be Pixar’s first point of contact for partner information management regarding Universal Scene Description (USD). You will promote standards and good development practices by actively engaging with partners and developer communities to build relationships and answer questions pertaining to our open source software and surrounding procedures.
This position requires a blend of technical skills coupled with content development, presentation, and customer-facing skills.
- Evaluate, evangelize, and drive USD adoption
- Partner with engineers and management to develop recommendations for the product roadmap and process improvement
- Help educate and support internal & external teams on relevant industry trends
- Take a data-driven approach in defining developer relations success metrics and prioritizing work so that progress can be clearly measured and communicated to stakeholders
- Provide project management with guidance on external project timeframes and priorities
- Work closely with a technical writer to identify opportunities of improvement for documentation, guidelines, and other policies
- Represent needs of external partners to internal engineering teams
Skills & Experience
- Know what it means to work in a cross-functional team structure and influencing across product areas/groups.
- Understand how product roadmaps are crafted and what drives them
- Familiarity with presenting to technical audiences and generating content for developers
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and make forward progress on multiple concurrent tasks
- Know-how of developing software at a technology company
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
Read about the work culture and benefits here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Walt Disney Company
Creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world