Senior Developer Relations Engineer
About the Job
As a Developer Relations Engineer, we are New Relic's voice in the developer community!
Helping level-up software engineers, DevOps, SRE, and operations experts through education and enablement resources. By creating technical content, facilitating workshops, speaking at conferences, and learning in public, we engage New Relic users, engineers, and developer communities, helping them understand the value of observability and how they can effectively apply it in their own projects. The role is pivotal to our core strategy - Product Led Growth, via advocacy.
This is a remote position. Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Learning: Become customer zero for New Relic learning about observability and the New Relic platform to grow your skillset as a subject matter expert.
- Teaching: share your learning with peers and colleagues in accessible audience-specific content across different mediums.
- Coding: develop open-source applications that will assist in teaching observability practices. When the mood strikes, contribute self-selected open-source software directly relevant to New Relic users.
- Engage: speak at conferences, live stream, host podcasts, and write articles about observability practices that help engineers solve problems.
- Collaborating: you'll autonomously seek internal opportunities to advise product, marketing, and sales teams on how best to engage the engineering community.
- Traveling: join the conversation by meeting developers where they are - As conditions permit, you could spend as much as 25-30% of your year traveling the world.
Skills & Experience
- 3 years of full-time software development experience.
- 2 years of developer relations or equivalent experience.
- Experience delivering technical content at software conferences.
- Open source contributions.
- English verbal and written fluency.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent working experience.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience producing technical content that makes complex concepts understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Community leadership experience
- Experience in multiple development languages, software stacks, frameworks, and humans.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
New Relic, Inc.
Data for Engineers